(Archived) FEATURE REQUEST: Integrate into native search

hanzsolo

Hello,

I just bought a motorola milestone with Android 2.0.1 on it - and noticed in the /settings /search /searchable items, there are third party applications currently there such as RTM, ColorNote, GOALS, etc (over and above the contacts /apps /google search)....

What this means is- when I click search from my homescreen (or alternately start typing on my keyboard), the system automatically searches those pre defined directories for the item(s) I am looking for (so in this case my contacts, google search, RTM and applications).

Is is possible to add some code into that section, so I can include my evernote notes and search them from the homescreen instead (the same way that I do for the others)? It would eliminate the step of launching the app first. Just a thought,

Thanks and love the software btw, I use it on my 2 macs, PC, iPhone and Milestone

Hanz

I expect to search EN on the droid is a function of the droid app not the EN app.

I use aurora for my droid searches - maybe if enough EN folks request it of the DROID app developers, thy might contact the EN folks.

There's a search api in Android you can hook into that makes your application searchable from the native search-functionality. That's how, for example, contacts show up when you start typing. You can activate more applications from the Settings -> Search menu.

• 4 weeks later...
There's a search api in Android you can hook into that makes your application searchable from the native search-functionality. That's how, for example, contacts show up when you start typing. You can activate more applications from the Settings -> Search menu.

i definitely want this!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't understand your request. I was using en stable - and had note search - now I switched to the beta - and still have note search. There was no problem to activate and use it right away.

Are you sure that you selected en as a search provider?

I have evernote selected in searchable items, like you.

I can search my EN account with and even without a connection by just typing in my query in the google search widget. That is why I don't understand the request.

Android 4.0.4 / EN Beta

It is working for me (Samsung Galaxy Y) but there is a privacy issue; even my Evernote being PIN locked, the Android search DOES open/show the matching Evernote notes without asking for the PIN.

Is it a bug or it's working as designed ?

Archived