Unable to Chat in Evernote on Galaxy S5 after recent update

Hello.

I seem to be unable to chat from the phone application. I can open up the existing chats that I was using just yesterday, however the application is not letting me type anything -- if I push any letter keys the application simply doesn't register or display the letters, and 'send' is gray/white and can't be pushed at all. I've confirmed it isn't a keyboard or local issue -- keyboard works fine with all other applications, and evernote application worked fine yesterday, but this morning it downloaded an update and that seems to the cause of the issue.

I tried closing the application which did not do anything. I tried restarting my device, which did not do anything.

Edit: I am able to chat from the web interface on my desktop -- and the new chat messages show up on my phone. FYI.

Smiles

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm not aware of any other chat issues with the latest update - try uninstalling / restarting / reinstalling the app.  If you're still having problems after that,  I'd suggest raising a support ticket - click Troubleshooting in the Help Center (link below in my sig) and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the 'Contact Support' button.

• Level 5*

Yes - as long as your data has fully synced to the web server and you can see it there,  you can uninstall the app without problems.  Only note changes/ deletions would affect the database.  Once you reinstall and reconnect with your account,  the server will provide the note and chat data as before.

Archived