Web Client Release Notes 11/4/2015 - Creating Nested Tags

nanphan

Idea

Thank you everyone for your patience over the last couple of weeks!  Multiselect of notes and taking bulk actions will come in the near future.  For now please enjoy creating nested tags!

New Features

• New Features for Tag Users - We’ve added 2 long awaited tag features to the web client.
    • Creating Nested Tags - Tags can now be nested and un-nested by dragging and dropping a tag onto another tag
    • Creating New Tags - Users can now create new tags directly from the Tags drawer.  Just click the “+ Tags” icon in the upper right corner of the UI. 

• Switching to the old version of the Web Client - We’ve moved the link to switch back to the old version of the Web Client from the account menu. As always, you can still use the link in Settings to switch back and forth between the 2 versions.

Bug Fixes

• There are some minor updates to improve the loading performance of notes in the note list. 

Nancy 

17 replies to this idea

Maybe this was mentioned in another post.  I haven't been keeping up with the forums lately.

Sorting Reminders appears to be broken.  There is little to no difference between sorting by Due Date or Custom.  Not really sure what Custom even does.

Hello!  Once you set it to Custom, you can drag and drop your reminders and set the order yourself. 

Is there no logical connection between a parent and a child tag? When I click on a parent tag I would expect to see all notes carrying that tag as well as notes carrying any of the child tags. Now I only see notes with the given parent tag.  What is the use-case for nested tags as implemented today?

Did anyone figure out how to drag and drop tags on other tags when the tag you want to drop on is not visible on screen? Dragging a tag doesn't trigger scroll (at least not on Chrome on linux) so its rather useless if you have more than 10-15 tags. I'm struggling to see how this feature could be implemented in a more useless manner than today. Giving us a way to "hold" some tags while searching for others would have made this feature usable. 

The lack of multi-select is also driving me nuts. I keep switching between the old and new interface to get things done. The new version is great for typing notes but a disaster for organizing notes once they are created.

Thanks for adding nested tags to the web version, but why don't they behave the same as in the Windows desktop version...

I have a tag hierarchy for People>Hockey People>Teams>My son's coach (Alec)

In Windows Desktop, if I select "Hockey People" it returns all content relating to Alec, and everyone else in his team, or in the other team he practices with... If I select "Maple Leafs" it then returns content for only those contacts in the Maple Leafs team, etc.

In the web version, selecting Hockey People returns NO results, because I have the content tagged to the people in the lower hierarchy.

Please enable Nested Filtering to make Nested Tags more than just a visual key, but actually a powerful filtering tool(just like the desktop version.)

Thanks for all you do!

Hi Nancy,

Many thanks for coming back.

I wonder if that is a conscious decision by Evernote or it is too difficult to get it working? We Business users have always been told it is coming.

It would make life much easier and allow us the same benefits of Tags that we get on the Personal Evernote. Not being able to have multiple Nested Notebooks is a problem, Nested Tags obviously a good solution.

Regards

Chris

Thanks for the feedback, Chris. We've heard similar feedback from other Business customers. I'll be sure to share this with the Business team.  - Nancy 

Hi Nancy,

Many thanks for coming back.

I wonder if that is a conscious decision by Evernote or it is too difficult to get it working? We Business users have always been told it is coming.

It would make life much easier and allow us the same benefits of Tags that we get on the Personal Evernote. Not being able to have multiple Nested Notebooks is a problem, Nested Tags obviously a good solution.

Regards

Chris

Hi Nancy,

I take it, Nested Tags are still not sorted for the Business version of Evernote?

Regards

Chris

Hello, 

Unfortunately, because tags are shared with everyone in the Business, nested tags are not available for business notes. 

Maybe this was mentioned in another post.  I haven't been keeping up with the forums lately.

Sorting Reminders appears to be broken.  There is little to no difference between sorting by Due Date or Custom.  Not really sure what Custom even does.

Awesome!

That is very great news.

However, I found a regression when using the latest version today. When I use the Options menu in the list of notes to toggle the display of text or pictures in the list the interface freezes Firefox for quite some time and the menu stays open. When I click outside the menu it is closed but the picture is not updated to reflect the changes I have made. I have to reload the page to see the changes.

FYI: The issue with the "View Options" menu in the note list has been fixed and released.

That is very great news.

However, I found a regression when using the latest version today. When I use the Options menu in the list of notes to toggle the display of text or pictures in the list the interface freezes Firefox for quite some time and the menu stays open. When I click outside the menu it is closed but the picture is not updated to reflect the changes I have made. I have to reload the page to see the changes.

Thank you for the bug report.  We caught this last night and will be patching this later today. - Nancy 

• Level 5

That is very great news.

Archived