Unable to login on iPhone

I am running an iPhone 5s with iOS 9.1. I recently wiped my phone and reloaded everything fresh. Since redownloading Evernote I cannot login, I get the "Error communicating with the Evernote servers" when I tap the Sign In button. I can login on my PC and the web. Everything else on the iPhone works and I have tried different wifi networks. I deleted the app and downloaded again multiple times and still get the same "Error communicating with the Evernote servers" message when trying to sign in. I have deleted, rebooted and downloaded and still the error. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to resolve?

• Level 5*

Most of the time this issue is related to user name and password errors, but it sounds like you have covered that by signing in on the web and desktop. 

You could try rebooting your phone after removing EN and then starting over again, being really careful with the log in credentials.  If that doesn't work I would think about submitting a support ticket. 

Thanks Cal, it is not an issue with the username or password. If I enter a bad username it comes back and tells me the username doesn't exist. If I enter a bad password it comes back with a bad username/password error. So it is definitely talking to the servers. I also tried creating a new account from the app, it created the account but immediately came back with the "Error communicating with the Evernote servers" I have tried removing Evernote, rebooting, and logging in again, still no luck.

• Level 5*

Well, the error messages and having tried multiple wifi networks probably eliminates any network blocking, so I don't know what else other than a trouble ticket.  If you are a plus or premium member you could try starting a chat.  Also, others with more knowledge than I may contribute on this. 

Not that it helps, but EN 7.8.1 on iPhone 5 with IOS 9.1 is working fine for me.

• 2 months later...

I have been having this issue since August. Is there still no actual fix to this, as I have been unable to use Evernote on my phone at all, and the lack of tech support figuring it out has been disheartening.

Archived