PC -> Mac Switch, & Saving Skitch Shots?

Dobby

Idea

I'm in process of making switch from PC to Mac and, of course, finding the differences in some apps...

1st & foremost, what makes the Skitch/Evernote folks think for a millisecond that I'd want to save every screenshot I ever take to Evernote??

On PC, it's beautifully simple to save the shot virtually anywhere...on Mac, "Skitch automatically saves your image to your Evernote account as an attachment to a new note."

Well, aren't you thoughtful. Sounds like a simple scam to jack up folks' storage / force upgrade to Premium.

Actually, it moves me a little closer to dumping Evernote/Skitch altogether. It just got a whole lot "clunkier"...

BTW - I'm a premium user; have been for a long time: I don't care for the Ads...er..."Context" at the bottom [if they were merely suggestive/context, I wouldn't need to see brands like "Forbes", "WSJ", etc.]

Also - how about that annoying "Save PDF to Evernote" box on every PDF I open outside Evernote? That it's easy to save stuff to Evernote is one of it's core attributes. Please lose the annoying box. It's in the way. [but it does help pump up those storage numbers!!]

Why does it seem companies get successful, then fast forward to greedy? Or "proprietary"? ["Apple & Google Maps" type stuff.] It never works...at least, not for long.

How about just making a better product? e.g. PC edition: for a long time, screenshots have been tough to edit. Or, on merging two "SkitchShots", I also always get a warning about merging notes from 2 different sources. Lol! Not only are they from the same source, obviously both the source and the destination were built by the same company!

Very disappointed long-time user. Skitch on the Mac, at least, will be removed today. Trying MonoSnap instead... We'll see how that goes...

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I'm in process of making switch from PC to Mac and, of course, finding the differences in some apps...

1st & foremost, what makes the Skitch/Evernote folks think for a millisecond that I'd want to save every screenshot I ever take to Evernote??

IMO, forget about Skitch.

I have used SnagIT for many years on both the PC and Mac, and it is by far the superior tool for screen capture, video capture, and annotation.

One license provides you with the app on all your PCs and Macs.

A free trial version is available.  Definitely worth a test drive.

If you're big into freebies, then this is not the app for you.

But if you are into productivity, SnagIT *is* the app for you.

Thx, JM - I appreciate that - I did have a paid version of SnagIt on PC...it's a little older - I think they upgraded it - but, you're right - I think Skitch was pretty simple...til they "made it better"!!

I'll give SnagIt a try on the Mac...

Archived