Google Calendar & Evernote sync - beta

Jools@DayNoter

Hi Evernoters,

We've recently started beta for DayNoter, a service that syncs Google Calendar event notes and Evernote, and would love to hear your feedback!

How it works: 

1. Choose a calendar & a notebook you want to sync (I've created a dedicated notebook for all my event notes - I didn't want them to mix with others). Start sync. 

post-274444-0-08408700-1446431538_thumb.

2. Now every new event created in that calendar will show up in the chosen notebook in Evernote with all its details - agenda, participants and location. 

post-274444-0-26859100-1446432053_thumb.

3. You can write / edit your notes in either Evernote or Calendar. Your changes will show up in both apps.

Link to our website: https://daynoter.com/

You'll need an invite to start using the service. Shoot me a message to support@daynoter.com and I'll send it to you. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/26/2015 at 0:58 AM, zdanevich said:

Evernote must have it's own calendar...

Why?  There is always a problem with "bloatware" when Developers move a treasured application from an area of core competences in a completely different direction.  

• Level 5*

>> Evernote must have it's own calendar...

I'm not sure I agree with that.

Even if they implement a calendar view, it will never have all the features of the dedicated calendar apps.  Then I'll be left with looking at two calendars.

Back to DayNoter subject.  It has some interesting points.

In point 3) it mentions working in either Evernote or Calendar.  That would be a nice feature, if it's truly a two way sync.

I don't really like having to use a dedicated notebook.  I've seen too many EN add on services that want to create new notebooks in my EN account.  My preference is a dedicated tag, and I can keep my notes in my current notebook structure.

My current process I to create a note, then I create calendar entries with links back to the note. It's a manual process and there's no auto syncing if I make changes to either. My process allows multiple calendar entries, for example I might have a note about a purchase order, with items delivered on different dates.

I'm interested in the naming convention for notes.  I tried out a different service, but it required me to put the date and time into the title.  That was a problem sometimes, for example in my purchase order note I already had a date in the title.

And sadly, I'm an Apple Calendar user, not Google Calendar.  I'd be willing to switch if the service works for me.

edit: I'm now using Cronofy Calendar Connector to keep my calendar syncd with EN 

•  
On 12/26/2015 at 8:32 PM, Rgrenader said:

Why?  There is always a problem with "bloatware" when Developers move a treasured application from an area of core competences in a completely different direction.  

In Evernote I can create reminders, but why I can not to see the calendar with reminders? I can with Sunrise for example, but in Sunrise I can not click-and-edit the content of note.

• 4 months later...
On 12/26/2015 at 2:51 PM, zdanevich said:

In Evernote I can create reminders, but why I can not to see the calendar with reminders? I can with Sunrise for example, but in Sunrise I can not click-and-edit the content of note.

I agree. I had Sunrise and really liked how it integrated with my calendar. I used reminders on my calendar and it is so helpful. I use a mix between Apple calendar for home (family) and Outlook 365 for business. With Sunrise I had both of those calendars integrated and also all notes with reminders on the calendar view. I found it very useful.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Nadya De Angelis said:

How sad. Sunrise is dead, and the advertised Evenote/Google Calendar synchronisation is dead, too. 

7 hours ago, lrainaldi said:

I agree. I had Sunrise and really liked how it integrated with my calendar. I used reminders on my calendar and it is so helpful. I use a mix between Apple calendar for home (family) and Outlook 365 for business. With Sunrise I had both of those calendars integrated and also all notes with reminders on the calendar view. I found it very useful.

I'm using https://evernote.cronofy.com to sync my Evernote Reminders with my Calendar.  It works for both the Apple and Google calendars.

image.png

Just signed up for Cronofy, works great.

My wife and I like to put our weekly menu on our shared calendar. Since we keep recipes in Evernote, Cronofy puts a link under "Event Details -> Notes"that opens up Evernote in the iOS app.

So I just create a reminder under the recipe for each particular day, event gets added to calendar with link to the recipe.

Archived