Importing from OneNote 2016 to Evernote

Id like to move back to Evernote,  but im not using OneNote 2016 and when I try the import function in evernote,  I get to select the notebook and folder but then Evernote crashes.

Has anyone else managed to get the import to work with the new OneNote,  I tried rolling back to 2013 but that wont read the data so I guess the files must have been updated.   I just want to come back home to Evernote! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  There are other posts around here on this topic,  which boils down to updates.  Both Evernote and OneNote have changed,  so the import software is out of date.  Evernote are aware,  but we have no timescale for a fix.  Meantime the only option would seem to be a 'lean' approach - set up your new account in Evernote and start using it for new information.  Keep the OneNote account running in parallel,  and as you need to update a OneNote note,  manually copy/ paste into Evernote.  Eventually any active topics will have been posted and what's left will be an archive that you can import as and when the software is updated.  Meantime two searches requred!

I just updated my OneNote to 2016. Well ****. After some preliminary investigation, it looks like MS removed an API from the COM interface (IApplication::Publish). Guess what? We use that. That means that if you have OneNote 2016 there is currently no way from within Evernote to directly import OneNote files.

• 1 year later...
On 20.11.2015 at 1:11 AM, dconnet said:

I just updated my OneNote to 2016. Well ****. After some preliminary investigation, it looks like MS removed an API from the COM interface (IApplication::Publish). Guess what? We use that. That means that if you have OneNote 2016 there is currently no way from within Evernote to directly import OneNote files.

Its END OF 2017 and still not fixed? just tried it on latest windows version with OneNote 2016, and when i start the import, nothing happens. 

Seems this should be Nr 1 priority, otherwise you give up on all OneNote users trying to move back.. Being an Evernote fan is a true torture test.. 

Archived