Is there a way to "pause" my Evernote premium subscription?

I have a one-year Evernote premium subscription, and I'm just wondering if there's anyway to pause that. See, I won't be using Evernote for quite a while, so I don't want to waste months of my premium membership. Is there anyway to "save" the months I have left and reactivate them at a later time?

Also, on this note, what would happen to my subscription if I disable my account and reactivate it later? Would it cancel the subscription immediately, would it pause the subscription, or would the subscription just go on as normal and be canceled when the one year is over?

EDIT: Decided to stick with using Evernote a little while longer.

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're a user forum here - for some reason they don't let us near any customer cash. 

Depending on how you're paying and to whom,  it may be possible to suspend your payments for a while.  The obvious thought would be to go to your 'my account' page https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action and look for the 'manage subscription' link.  Change your account type to Basic and you'll still have access to all your notes should you need it,  but some levels of search,  and some editing of large notes may not be available.  When you return,  go back up to premium via the same route.

If you deactivate your account you won't have access to your notes until you reactivate the account - meantime (I think) you'd get a refund of surplus monies paid.

How (as they say) ever.

If you're not paying Evernote direct - i.e. if ITunes are involved here - I don't know how you'd proceed.  Best advice is to raise a support ticket - see the 'Contact Support' buttons in the Help Center (link below in my sig).  There might be some payment information in there too...

Hi.  We're a user forum here - for some reason they don't let us near any customer cash. 

Depending on how you're paying and to whom,  it may be possible to suspend your payments for a while.  The obvious thought would be to go to your 'my account' page https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action and look for the 'manage subscription' link.  Change your account type to Basic and you'll still have access to all your notes should you need it,  but some levels of search,  and some editing of large notes may not be available.  When you return,  go back up to premium via the same route.

If you deactivate your account you won't have access to your notes until you reactivate the account - meantime (I think) you'd get a refund of surplus monies paid.

How (as they say) ever.

If you're not paying Evernote direct - i.e. if ITunes are involved here - I don't know how you'd proceed.  Best advice is to raise a support ticket - see the 'Contact Support' buttons in the Help Center (link below in my sig).  There might be some payment information in there too...

In the end, I decided just to use Evernote for a little while longer. Thank you for all your suggestions, though! :)

Archived