Notes Missing on Evernote Mac App

One day 95% of my notes on my macbook went disappearing. Having checked my phone and portable devices, notes are still there. When I opened a browser and used Evernote web, notes are there too. I restarted my mac, deleted Evernote app for Mac, and reinstalled, my notes on Evernote App for Mac are still missing, and this is the only place that I couldn't locate my previous notes. Could anyone help?

• Level 5*

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with EN Mac.  You've already taken most of the actions I would have suggested to fix this type of issue.

The only other ideas I have are:

1. Make sure you are signing into EN Mac with the same user account (email) that you use with the EN Web client.
  2. If all else fails, you can try a clean reinstall:
    1. See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 
  • 2 months later...
  • Level 5*
15 hours ago, PerezMom99 said:

I'm having the same issue and reinstalling isn't helping.  Please, help!

You need to provide a lot of details if you expect to get any help.  Did you try my suggestion above about a clean reinstall?

If you are unable to resolve your issue, then you may want to submit a bug report.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

On January 13, 2016 at 8:11 PM, PerezMom99 said:

I'm having the same issue and reinstalling isn't helping.  Please, help!

Hey @PerezMom99

If you're able to see all of your notes on www.evernote.com it sounds like rebuilding your Evernote database will help. To rebuild your Evernote for Mac database, follow these steps:

Export unsynced notes and/or local notebooks (if you have any):

1. Select all unsynced notes, or each local notebook, then right-click and select Export Notes…
2. Choose 'Evernote XML Format (.enex)' next to Format, then Save the file to your desktop
     * Detailed instructions here: https://help.evernote.com/hc/articles/209005557 

Move your existing Evernote database:

1. Open Evernote for Mac
2. Select Evernote > About Evernote
3. Press and hold the Option key on your keyboard and select Open database folder (keep this folder open)
4. Select Evernote > Quit Evernote from the menu bar
5. Move the numbered folder from the database folder to your computer's desktop
     * If you have more than one numbered folder, move each one
6. Open Evernote and log in to your Evernote account

Evernote will download all of your synced notes from the servers and create a new database on your computer. You can then import any exported notes by selecting File > Import Notes from the menu bar.

Archived