FEATURE REQUEST: Sync Audio with Typing

Aurora A.

Idea

Hello! I just want to add a feature request that would save us LOADS of time. 

I have ADHD so I need to be as organized as possible.  So here is my feature request: 

Can you guys please sync the audio time to match with what I'm writing? I use a separate audio recorder to record lectures, and while I'm doing that I glance at it to know the recording it time and write that on my evernote.

that way, if I need clarification on a certain topic, instead of finding it on the audio later, (this takes loads of time, btw) I can just look for the certain time I put it on my evernote.

Just incase you're a little confused,

When recording audio lectures, I use a different audio recorder, because I don't think my ipad is optimized enough to get the lectures. Thus, I have to use those two devices. 

7 replies to this idea

Thank you for the suggestion. Although that would defeat the purpose if I was only using evernote to take notes for my classes. 

Hi Aurora,

What I would suggest is using a third party app like Noteshelf or Notability to take your notes down and then export them...noteshelf and notability both have the ability to record audio while you are notetaking..

Megan

Agree - it would be great if Evernote could incorporate this feature. This is available in Notability and OneNote and is tremendously helpful. It would be great to have Evernote build in the functionality so we only need to use one note taking tool.

• Level 5*
On 2016-04-03 at 7:59 AM, CaptainWhite said:

Agree - it would be great if Evernote could incorporate this feature. This is available in Notability and OneNote and is tremendously helpful. It would be great to have Evernote build in the functionality so we only need to use one note taking tool.

I like this feature in Notability - also it's a much better note taking tool.
Evernote is good for basic notes, but dedicated apps have more extensive feature sets

• Level 5*

If I understood the OP correctly,  what's being asked for here is an accurate clock which will either show the real-world time at which the recorded sounds were made,  or the point in the recording at which those sounds occur.  So I could say "full explanation of unified theory @ 16:42:33" or  "...@1h16m10s".

Since I happen to think that's a brilliant idea,  I moved this thread to the voting area so I could.  ;)

Archived