Sync Error: half my notes cannot sync

Recently Evernote is giving me a "Could not sync note"error (see image) for roughly half my notes.

It suggests that I "export any unsynced notes and then delete them from your account." This is patently absurd. Am I supposed to find each of these notes and individually export and delete them?

Is there a better solution, such as exporting all my notes, deleting them all and then re-importing them? will doing so retain the folder structure and tags for each note?

post-273221-0-87434100-1445118026_thumb.

• Level 5*

I have seen that error msg, and suggested solution, myself.  I agree -- it is absurd.

It is also very premature to suggest such a drastic action.  I would not take it except as a very last resort.

Of course, it does not hurt to go ahead and export all of your Notes to ENEX, each Notebook to a separate ENEX file.

But I would not delete the notes unless all else fails.

You might try the following:

1. Sign out of EN Mac
  2. Restart your Mac
  3. Sign in to EN Mac, and try to sync again

If you are still having problems:

1. Submit a bug report
  2. Post the issue on twitter
  3. If you have a Premium account, you can also get immediate support via EN Support Chat

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

Since Evernote now is providing official support to all users via Twitter, you might post your request on Twitter @evernotehelps.  It might also be good to include a link back to your post here.

See Evernote Chat Support., available business days 7am-7pm US CST. 

(Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

Archived