It's not working to sort search results by relevance

Problem: Evernote doesn't allow me to sort my search results by relevance. When I select sort by relevance, Evernote undoes the selection and goes back to last edited. This takes a few seconds. Sometimes it's possible to sort by relevance for a search, but upon next search it's back to last edited or last created.

What can I do to use this function as intended?

• 2 months later...

This problem persists.

I've located it to happen when doing searches with queries including notebook:"notebookTitle". When removing notebook:"..." it stays put. However, when doing next search, my selection of relevance sorting is gone.

Sort by relevance will not remain as default. Anything other I choose, like Title or Date of creation remains active. But relevance does not.

This is very frustrating and time consuming. Help or support would be highly appreciated.

More information:

• Sorting by relevance doesn't sort the found notes in an intuitively logical order. For instance, searching for "intitle:"example"" puts the note "Example Note" as more relevant than "Example". Of course, I don't know how Evernote's algorithms work but a complete match should intuitively be a better match than a match plus something else.
  • Also, the relevance bar doesn't give any strong indicator. It seems like all notes have the same result. I know this to not be a problem in the past, and I've tried other accounts on other computers with other results.

All this said, is there something corrupt with my installation? Any cache I can empty and how, if so?

Skärmklipp 2015-12-25 10.29.40.png

Archived