Outlook 2016 Evernote Add-in

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not sure how many 2016 users there are yet - no other reports of the problem,  but that might just mean you're the first ;) - at this stage can only suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the app (copy your database folder somewhere safe first as a precaution) and checking the Help Center (my sig,  below) for solutions.  If that fails,  contact Support so they're on notice there maybe an issue.  As (maybe) good news,  the Clipper is already being looked at,  so there could be an update due soon...

• 2 weeks later...

I am using Evernote 5.9.1.8742, and I did get the extension to load. I had to re-enable it, and then activate it.

However, it is failing to allow me to clip properly. No matter what I choose from Outlook to save, it gives me the attached error message.

post-233741-0-09294300-1446070591_thumb.

It seems like it may be a cache problem, but I don't know how to clear the Evernote cache.

• Level 5*

As above,  if everyone with issues reports these to Support (click 'Troubleshoot' in the Help Center -link in my sig- and scroll to the bottom of the page - click the Contact Support button.) Evernote can get a handle on how many and what sort of glitches are occurring and prioritise some fixes.  Please report back here if you find anything useful!

By the way, one of the reasons I say this might be related to cached data is that I was successfully able to be clip this same email message on another machine running the same version of Evernote (but different OS--Windows 8.1 v Windows 10; and different Outlook--Outlook 2013 v 2016), and I had previously been able to successfully save emails to Evernote from the Win 10 / Outlook 2016 environment. It just seems to have been tripped up by one specific email and now can't recover.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WIsh it did for mine. Upgraded to Win 10 and OUtlook 2016. No Evernote 5.8.6.7519 (last version that worked for me) - Unintalled, reinstalled - all show in COMS, nothing in Outlook 2016 ribbon. Uninstalled and installed 5.9.5.9830 - Saw a gray elephant head, took about 10-24 seconds to respond each time...that is unaccaptable.

Uninstalled and reinstalled old version...no luck.

What is the solution?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, IndieAdvisor said:

Hi everyone,

can anyone please share a link where I can download the Evernote plugin for Outlook 2016? Since a fresh install it´s not available anymore. I tried to reinstall Evernote already but without any effect. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi.  AFAIK there is no separate plugin - see the other posts in this thread.  If reinstalling or checking the 'disabled' list doesn't work I'd suggest raising a support request - scroll to the bottom of this page to click the 'Contact Support' button.

@IndieAdvisor @ccanton

When you reinstall, make sure that Outlook is completely closed.

Additionally, once you have reinstalled the Evernote application on your system, please make sure that the first time you re-open it after rebooting your computer, that you use the Evernote icon located in the Start menu, and not the copy of the shortcut on your desktop. The version in the Start menu will be specific one that will install the package needed for the Outlook add-on.

If you are still not getting the add-on, as Gazumped mentioned please create a support ticket on our support page.

My Evernote Outlook extension (for Windows 10 / Outlook 2016) is exhibiting a different problem now. For the last couple of days, every time I try save an email to Evernote, it crashes Outlook. I've tried different emails and always the same result. I have also rebooted my machine, but no change. (My guess is that this has something to do with the latest big update to Windows 10.)

The Evernote extension still works on another machine (Windows 8.1 / Outlook 2013) for the same email messages on which it fails under Windows 10 / Outlook 2016.

Any ideas!?!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks chaps, the reinstall Evernote suggestion fixed the Windows Outlook2016 add-in for me.

After upgrading to Outlook2016 a while back I had no "Save to Evernote" button on the ribbon. I finally got fed up enough to go find out what was wrong (leading me to this useful thread). I looked in the Manage COM Add-Ins and Outlook was telling me that the Evernote plugin was taking forever to start (it was on something like 2979 seconds when I looked!). So I fully quit Outlook and Evernote, UNinstalled Evernote, REinstalled Evernote (v5.9.6) and restarted Outlook. Didn't need to reboot. My Evernote button in Outlook is back.

FWIW I had just been using the Evernote auto-update installer so I was already on the latest v5.9.6 version, it just hadn't fixed the Outlook add-in after upgrading Outlook from 2013 to 2016, until I fully REinstalled Evernote.

HTH somebody. So glad I finally got that fixed. Really incredibly useful feature. Just wish it was possible on OSX Outlook2016 (I had to use an Automation script to support it here, and while it works well it isn't quite a smooth as the Windows version).

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got the problem ...  no "Save to Evernote" button on the ribbon

In the Manage COM Add-Ins of Outlook 2016:  Not loaded. During loading of COM Add-Ins a runtime error has occured ...

none of the suggestions above helped ...

- uninstall / new install

- uninstall / restart computer / new installation

- install old version

without this plugin ... evernote is no more attractive ... and i was considering upgrading ...

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  The clipper that works in the online version is not meant to be installed in the desktop version.  That clipper should have been installed automatically when you installed Evernote.  If you don't have the icon in your email client,  exit and restart it (if this was a recent installation) and,  if necessary check that the Evernote add-in has started correctly.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I am also have an issue with installing Evernote to my Office365 online. I just get a black rectangle on the right side and I have no way to log onto my evernote account. Also, I cannot email customer support because I need to "Upgrade" in order to do that. I don't understand why only the paying users can get help on their problems.

• Level 5*
On 1/1/2018 at 12:48 AM, EEDD said:

I am also have an issue with installing Evernote to my Office365 online. I just get a black rectangle on the right side and I have no way to log onto my evernote account. Also, I cannot email customer support because I need to "Upgrade" in order to do that. I don't understand why only the paying users can get help on their problems.

Hi.  Anything helpful in here?  How to use Evernote for Outlook

(Evernote has this forum and a Twitter account @EvernoteHelps for Basic users...)

Archived