Love Evernote - Is Version For iPhone 4 (iOS 7.1.2)

I figured it out.  You download it from iTunes then turn on app download on the phone.  Once that is done when you start the app store you are prompted to download the latest one that works with your iOS version.  It worked great.  I got my favorite app!  :D

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem. What do you mean by "turn on app download on the phone" ?

If you go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores on your iOS device you should see an "Automatic Downloads" section. You can toggle "Apps" on to turn on automatic app downloads.

Hope that helps!

Hi,  

I too have an iPhone 4 and I followed the directions above; I am running El Capitan on my Mac and 7.1.2 on the phone (which is as high as you can go with a 4).

I took the following steps:

• downloaded the app to my mac,
  • opened iTunes,
  • connected my iPhone,
  • turned on automatic downloads in settings,
  • back in iTunes selected clicked install alongside the evernote icon
  • then clicked Apply which started the syncing process...  

I got through the sync and displayed this message:

"The app "Evernote" was not installed on the iPhone because it requires a newer version of iphone software"

I was not prompted to "download the latest one that works with your iOS version"...

Did Evernote remove this feature in a revision that came out since October????

Thanks

Hi,  

I too have an iPhone 4 and I followed the directions above; I am running El Capitan on my Mac and 7.1.2 on the phone (which is as high as you can go with a 4).

I took the following steps:

• downloaded the app to my mac,
  • opened iTunes,
  • connected my iPhone,
  • turned on automatic downloads in settings,
  • back in iTunes selected clicked install alongside the evernote icon
  • then clicked Apply which started the syncing process...  

I got through the sync and displayed this message:

"The app "Evernote" was not installed on the iPhone because it requires a newer version of iphone software"

I was not prompted to "download the latest one that works with your iOS version"...

Did Evernote remove this feature in a revision that came out since October????

Thanks

Hey ptrmzr,

Just to verify, did you download the Evernote application to the computer, or did you download Evernote in the App Store section of iTunes?

1. Navigate to iTunes on your computer
2. Select iTunes Store 
3. Search for Evernote in the Search Store field at the top of iTunes
4. Download Evernote for iOS

Once the download is complete, navigate to your iOS App Store and select Purchased from the bottom menu. You should be able to find the Evernote application here, and when you tap the Download icon you should be prompted to download the "most compatible" version of the application for your device.

I hope that helps!

• 11 months later...

I know this is an old thread, so maybe a year later there isn't an option.  But I have the same problem as ptrmzr and have now followed the instructions amanda_h offered, but still running into the same issue as ptrmzr without resolution.

When I go to the App Store on my iPhone 4, it tells me it requires ios8.1 or above.  Well, I'm stuck at 7.1.2 on my iPhone 4.  So like ptrmzr I used my PC and iTumes to go to the store and download EverNote for the iPhone.   It offered it for iPhone Apps, iPad Apps, Apps for Apple Watch, and iMessage Apps.  I did not see a way of selecting the iPhone App for different phone or iOS versions.  So when iTunes downloaded and tried to sync with my phone, it also told me: "The app 'Evernote' was not installed on the iPhone x because it requires a newer version of iPhone software."

So, I'm not seeing the resolution that allowed ptrmzr to get the app working on the iPhone 4.

Archived