Office 365 Outlook 2016 scripts

I recently upgraded from Outlook 2011 to 2016.  I had a really nice script available in the older version where I was able to select an email and, I suppose it could be called, print it to EN after selecting a notebook from a list.  It was really quite nice.  The resulting note in EN was clean without any of the forwarding ">" and other litter that comes with it.  Dragging and dropping to EN leaves it in EML format as a file attachment.

MS has chosen to not allow for the Applescripts in this new version.

Any suggestions for alternative methods of achieving this?

• Level 5*

MS has chosen to not allow for the Applescripts in this new version.

Are you sure about this?

I don't have Outlook 2016, but I see lots of posts on the Internet indicating that it still supports AppleScript , but the Outlook script menu/icon has been removed.

Here's one example:

Creating a task from email in outlook 2016 

• 1 month later...

I thought I might try here for some guidance.  I am trying to run a Veritrope Script - which are excellent guides - Outlook 2011 to Evernote.

http://veritrope.com/code/outlook-2011-to-evernote/

I am using Outlook 2016 for Mac and Evernote Mac; implementing the AppleScript identifies a  Syntax error:  A command name can’t go after this “my”.

Which refers to, e.g..,  this script line:

(" & my TITLECASE(the_Type) & ")

Any thoughts on how to solve this, I have Googled it with no success. I could not open comments on the Veritrope site.  Thanks for any guidance,

Best,

• Level 5*

I am using Outlook 2016 for Mac and Evernote Mac; implementing the AppleScript identifies a  Syntax error:  A command name can’t go after this “my”.

Which refers to, e.g..,  this script line:

(" & my TITLECASE(the_Type) & ")

The "my" prior to the function/handler "TITLECASE" is a keyword that indicates to the  AppleScript compiler that the function is yours, and should be found in the same script file.

So, first, check to see if the "TITLECASE" function is in the file.

If its there, try a test in another AppleScript window:

TITLECASE('this should convert to title case")

if that works, then you have a conflict.  The same function is also being reference from some other source.

I just tried this test and worked.

The "titlecase" function is also in the Satimage.osax scripting additions.

So you have two choices:

1. Remove the "my" keyword, and allow the script to use Satimage version
  2. Rename the "TITLECASE" function, and all calls to it, in your script.

If you and anyone else that will be using this script has Satimage.osax installed, then I recommend option #1.

Thank you!!!  This worked for me:

"

1. Remove the "my" keyword, and allow the script to use Satimage version

If you and anyone else that will be using this script has Satimage.osax installed, then I recommend option #1."

Used compile to find the "my" s, two.

Best,

P.s. It really is terrific that you replied, thanks for making a learning community, 

Archived