iOS 9 app does not sync

I have Evernote on desktop, of course web, and iOS.

I don't have an adroid phone so cannot test..

My desktop app works fine, and I can sync with the "cloud" and I can verify the web version, everything is fine.

I have ZERO updates for the Month of October,  I only noticed it because I have come to rely on evernote is my blood now.. so when data goes missing I panic..

I saw that my data was on my desktop app, so that's good.. at LEAST I know its safe, and I can see that the web version shows 376 items.

My iPhone app (which I have removed, reinstalled, signed in, restarted iPhone, blah blah) will not synch items in October.

If I "touch" the item on the web THEN it syncs, meaning I make a space or some minor change wait for it to show that is updated, then check my phone then it syncs..

but the total count is only 366 items a difference of ten.  before this I had only 340 items showing up and I figured I could modify an item to make it synch with my phone, but how can we reconcile missing items?

My desktop app also shows 376 items...

How can I sync ALL?  I though that a synch would do this.

Hi.  A Sync should update any device to the current version of all notes,  not just a single one.  Have a look through here - anything help?  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313378

Not much, tried those steps.. the iPhone app is the only one that is not working.

I can figure out which notes are not in synch and modify them separately just hoping there was an easier way.

What's odd is if i uninstall the app then reinstall it should be a fresh sync, but still some notes do not show up... yet it finds the rest.

It's almost as if there is an archive bit set like for backup to ignore changes that have been copied, that's how this is acting.  It's not until I make changes to notes that it picks up those notes.. but a problem only on the iPhone....

• Level 5*

Well, removing EN from your phone and reinstalling should make it such that all your notes are on the phone, other than any in local notebooks on your desktop.  If your phone doesn't match the web after that I would submit a trouble ticket.

Well, removing EN from your phone and reinstalling should make is such all your notes are on the phone, other than any in local notebooks on your desktop.  If your phone doesn't match the web after that I would submit a trouble ticket.

I find community much more helpful than techs.. I work with techs.. I know they are out of the loop on MANY things.. so I am using that as a last resort..

• Level 5*

Understood. You could try adding a dummy tag to all the notes on your desktop and then sync. When that's done sync the phone and see if the added tag forces the problematic notes to sync. Got nothing after that, sorry.

Problem is now fixed.. I uninstalled the app, rebooted the phone, reinstalled and subsequent re-sync everything works..

Not the best solution, as I still don't understand why there are counters.. ostensibly to show the discrepancy.. in the notes.  Seems to me Evernote should be able to "self heal" with this info..

If the web can see notes counters, desktop can see notes counter, and the remote apps can see this info, the app should "reconcile" and if the fix is to remove content and download ALL content why can't the app do this without human intervention?  Figure out which items are not visible and act accordingly...

If this were a database replication this would be a poor design, because the Admins would have to delete a database, add new database and push a new copy.. that defeats the entire purpose of sync items that have changed since last update..  That is a broken replication... this is what causes people to find alternatives.

It seems this app needs some additional attention in this regard..

I still like Evernote but I am less inclined to trust it.. as a "reliable" copy of my information...

• Level 5*

@rjparker1,

Yeah, the number in parenthesis should be the same and sacrosanct across platforms, not always the case. 

In the past, not recently, I have noticed that the number in () on the web did not match the z in x-y of z message that displays.  In just checking I now see a difference of 3 notes total between web and PC (one more on the PC in 3 notebooks) and one note between phone and PC (one more on PC in one notebook).  I can find the differences using a temp tag, but what a PITA. 

Since I use the PC mostly, I'm not that concerned.  But I'm with you that some belts and suspenders are needed to ensure note counts and notes across platforms are to identical, no matter what.

Archived