Viewing first page of PDFs

I have been successfully saving PDFs in Evernote for over a year in a way that when I open my Notebooks, I can see the front page of the PDF and can annotate directly on it.  Since the beginning of October 2015, the only thing I see is a PDF icon and I have to go to the trouble of opening it and then annotating it.  What happened to the ability to just see and annotate the first page?

• Level 5*

Hi - You don't say what OS or what Evernote you're using,  but mobile versions have never had the ability to see PDF content 'in line',  they always show an attachment icon which has to be downloaded and opened to view the content.  Desktop versions have both options - right click the icon to select/ deselect 'View as Attachment' to change individual settings,  look in your Options/ Preferences for 'Always shown PDF docs inline' to toggle the default behaviour.

Hi and thanks.  I am using Evernote on my desktop (Windows 8.1).  When I right click on the PDF icon, I can deselect "View as Attachment," which gives me the view I want.  However, it seems I have to do this with every document.  Is there a setting somewhere that makes the deselection permanent?

• Level 5*

Hi again - try logging out of Evernote and back in;  not sure if changing the setting will affect all existing notes,  or applies only to notes created after the change.  As you've found with the 'other' option,  it is possible to overwrite the default option by right-clicking,  and I'm not sure either whether a single PDF file 'remembers' its original settings as a local override.  Worst case - you could set up a hotkey with a script or AHK or some such to give you a single keystroke switch from inline to attachment.

I have recently noted I can no longer use the "Send" icon (the one in the menu bar that looks like a box with a vertical arrow pointed up) to add pdf's to Evernote. Is that a desired change by design, or is it a glitch?

It is NOT a helpful change, and I for one, would be very happy if I were again able to simply send pdf files I work with directly to the appropriate Evernote notebook. 

Can someone please check if this is a glitch??

Archived