Searching contents of PDF Forms?

I'm using a PDF template/form for notes. It appears the contents of the fillable form field are not showing up in the Evernote Search. The labels for the fields are showing up when searched, but not the contents of the saved form field. 

Is this correct behavior or am I missing something? 

An alternative is I could do a table in a note, but this workflow is better for me.

Evernote 6.1.1

OS X 10.5 / 11.0

Evernote Premium

Well, I spent a bunch of time and may have found my work around, plus some bonus workflow.

In that Adobe program that does PDFs that for some reason I can't type here, I set up a preflight droplet to flatten annotations and form fields. That seems to do the trick. Downside is I can't add to that form any more, but it is searchable in Evernote. Worse case is I could just edit it in that Adobe program that does PDFs that for some reason I can't type here.

So, I when I'm done with my notes, I drag it onto the droplet and it's processed. As a bonus, I have it send the resulting PDF to a folder I've got Hazel watching. From there Hazel loads it into Evernote, puts it in the proper notebook, and adds my desired tag.

In an odd way this might actually be more efficient.

• Level 5*

Thanks for persevering through to a workaround that might be useful to others - just as a thought,  if you do need the form to be editable - can you save a copy in the flattened form and then attach both the original form and the new flattened version to the same note? 

Thanks for persevering through to a workaround that might be useful to others - just as a thought,  if you do need the form to be editable - can you save a copy in the flattened form and then attach both the original form and the new flattened version to the same note? 

That's a good idea. 

I think rarely I'll update these, and if needed, I can just type something into the note itself. I'll probably run like this for a while and see, but attaching the original is a good idea.

Archived