√ Document Camera iOS/Android comparison

Maxwellcofehouse

Idea

Hello!

I was curious to see what others think about the difference between the iOS Evernote Document Camera scanner and the Android Document Camera scanner. I have an iPhone 5s and a Samsung Galaxy Note5 and there seems to be a difference between the two Document Camera functionality. I really do enjoy the Auto Mode on the iOS Evernote and the document image quality is great! 

- Max

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I don't have both sides of this one,  just Android;  and your features also depend on what account tier you're on.  I'm Premium,  so my camera will switch between Document / Camera / Post-it ® / Business Card and has settings for Moleskine stickers and pages as well as all the above.  Document / Post-it ® and Moleskine pages get cropped automatically,  and Business Cards get the LinkedIn treatment and special-format notes when they're done.  This being Android I can also control the resolution from 1MP upwards (that option obviously varies with your specific device).

Any major differences in iOS?

Edit:  I was a devotee of the CamScanner app at one point,  but don't seem to have used it forever - it did an awesome job of scanning / scaling and cropping pages to PDF,  but the Evernote app seems to do it all for me now...

I do have both phones iPhone 6 and Android s7 Edge, and their is a huge difference in the documents scanner. I spoke to Evernote support and they mentioned they are working on it, but if more people don't complain there will always be more important projects. I scan all my documents for business and this is a HUGE disappointment. I am now using Tiny Scanner to scan and send to Evernote, but it is quite an insult when Apple, with a smaller user base, get's the better app. Not to mention the IOS version has more features like zoom. Here is a receipt I scanned with Android and the same receipt with IOS:

Android.jpg

IOS.jpg

Hi there. We rewrote our camera in the latest Android release, 7.8, to match the camera functionality observed in Scannable and Evernote for iOS. The release has been slowly rolling out over the past week and will be available to all soon. 

On 5/4/2016 at 0:47 PM, Justin Street said:

Hi there. We rewrote our camera in the latest Android release, 7.8, to match the camera functionality observed in Scannable and Evernote for iOS. The release has been slowly rolling out over the past week and will be available to all soon. 

Sorry but the scanning quality is still poor on my Note 5.   I have the latest beta and I don't see improvements.    Why is Android getting the ***** version of the camera to began with?

To me it seems like Evernote's engine used to enhance the photos is the problem.  It creates smudgy looking text.   To get the best quality I would recommend disabling multi shot and using the phone's camera.  Then edit in Pixlr app and go back to evernote.   

Archived