Multiple duplicates created

I use evernote for android ( as well as the web view on my pc) and each time I have upgraded my phone software, or phone, my evernote account is filled with duplicates of notes.

Now i have 800 notes in my inbox notebook, most of which are duplicates but it is very time consuming to work through them all and delete the duplicates (some of which have 5 duplicates of the one note). 

How can I select multiple notes to delete them and prevent this happening again?

btw: I liked the old web interface which was like a file browser. The new interface is very hard to see where things are and to manage my notes.

I would really appreciate some help, thanks.

Not sure why you are generating duplicates – I don't think it is a common problem.  My only advice regarding this issue would be to ensure that EN is synced prior to any phone upgrades.  Make sure auto-sync is switched on to help with this (under Settings/Sync if you are on Android).

In my experience, the best way to get rid of duplicates is by downloading and installing EN Desktop.  This has a list view (press F5 repeatedly to cycle through the different views) that allows notes to be sorted by title or size like Windows Explorer, after which multiple notes can easily be selected with SHIFT or CTRL and batch deleted.

Good luck!

Not sure why you are generating duplicates – I don't think it is a common problem.  My only advice regarding this issue would be to ensure that EN is synced prior to any phone upgrades.  Make sure auto-sync is switched on to help with this (under Settings/Sync if you are on Android).

In my experience, the best way to get rid of duplicates is by downloading and installing EN Desktop.  This has a list view (press F5 repeatedly to cycle through the different views) that allows notes to be sorted by title or size like Windows Explorer, after which multiple notes can easily be selected with SHIFT or CTRL and batch deleted.

Good luck!

Thanks for getting back so quick! I did not know about evernote desktop. I run a Ubuntu install but this is just one more reason to try windows 10. thanks! 

Archived