Renaming my tags

I would like to rename my tag from e.g. "TAg name" to "Tag name", but the software tells me I can't do it, because the tag already exists. It doesn't unless you count the two examples as the same thing. Is there a way to bypass this problem? 

AJKock - You now know that Tags are not case sensitive.

Consider changing "TAg name" to "TAgname", but that raises the question, why is the case of a Tag so important to you? (That is merely a rhetorical question for you to consider.)

I know your comment was meant to be rhetorical...
Maybe it is just me, but I just assumed that people that find value in organising their data through better titles, tags, etc., would also be pedantic in their use of mix case.

All this "confusion" could have been avoided if the program just realised that I might want to rename the item to its "original" name and that I should be allowed to do so.

I know your comment was meant to be rhetorical...

Maybe it is just me, but I just assumed that people that find value in organising their data through better titles, tags, etc., would also be pedantic in their use of mix case.

All this "confusion" could have been avoided if the program just realised that I might want to rename the item to its "original" name and that I should be allowed to do so.

I think they probably are...

When I read your post, I immediately thought that I would do exactly the same thing - my tags are all precisely in "Proper Case" with initial capitals where appropriate.  It would bug me immensely if I had the wrong case in a tag title!

Archived