Can't send notes via email.

I'm using iOS 9.2 on an iPad. Since my husband and I share one of our emails, I tried to send a note to him using our shared email address and a different one. I received a reply that it was undeliverable. In the fine print below the notification it seemed that my ISP, Comcast, rejected it as spam. Truly weird. I contacted Comcast and all they could suggest was turning off the spam filter entirely -- not practical. I sent a test note to a friend and it got through. I can't get through to Evernote support. Every "help" I try sends me in circles. This topic is NOT covered in their articles. At this point, I'm stumped (Your link sent me to an article about Work Chat.)

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you sent a note from Evernote's sharing menu by email,  Evernote use their own mail server to send it out from a <no-reply@evernote.com> address to try and avoid,  they say,  the email being seen as Spam.  Obviously not so effective in this case.  Most mail accounts have a feature where you can specify that some addresses are allowable.  If Comcast don't have this,  you would be able to copy and paste the content of the note into your own outgoing email / print the note to a PDF file and send the PDF in your email,  or try the work chat feature - I sent you the link for background information.

If you check the Help Center link in my signature (below) you'll be able to use the Troubleshooting link to find a 'contact support' button that will ask for more details...

Your signature does not come through on the forum. So the help center link isn't visible.. It's too bad. Since Comcast is huge, I'd think Evernote would want to sort out the "send address" issue with them.

Oh, well. Looks like I'll have to use copy and paste if I want to send a note to my own address. I sent a note to a friend through Evernote as a test and it got through. Guess her ISP doesn't identify the Evernote address as spam.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
10 hours ago, jodsephmcdonaldjr@yahoo.co said:

I can't send emails and I have used Yahoo and Comcast. The emails will not deliver.

Hi. If mails to Yahoo and Comcast addresses don't work,  what feedback do you get?  What error messages do you see?  Have you tried emailing a Note Link from your own mailbox?

Edit:  By the way the email address you have as your ID here is invalid - which is actually a good thing as this is a public forum...

• Level 5*

You've tried the following?

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I can't find any reference to that error on a general internet search,  or after searching in my own account help @ Yahoo mail. 

I'm a little confused.  You've asked for help from Evernote on sending emails,  from which I assumed you were sending from the web or desktop applications;  but both use Evernote's mail server,  not your Yahoo account.  Can you explain exactly how you are attempting to send email?  It's possible to do so either from within the app,  or by sending a note link via your own email account - which might explain the error message if there's problem with the copied link.  Could you send a screenshot of the error message?

Several times, I successfully mailed a note,s links (from my own mail box) by copying the note's link from Evernote and pasting it to send from the yahoo  server.

When I send from inside the app, the note never reaches the intended recipient.   With one exception: If I send a small note  from inside of Evernote (Web or Desktop) to my yahoo account, I do receive the note.  If I try to send a  note that is larger ( 90mb), the note does not reach it's destination and I get the message  "Unable to deliver contents".                                                           

I cant send any emails successfully except in the one case explained above.

If you have any incite, I would really appreciate it.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, jodsephmcdonaldjr@yahoo.co said:

If I try to send a  note that is larger ( 90mb), the note does not reach it's destination and I get the message  "Unable to deliver contents".                                                           

My email service (iCloud) has a limit on note size

1. The size of incoming and outgoing messages (20 MB)
  • Level 5*

Yeah - 90MB is very large for what is essentially a standard email + attachments.  I think my service draws the line at 25MB.  You might want to investigate the Google Drive integration - you can save files on the drive and share a folder with colleagues - or consider using Evernote's share option,  though that tends to confuse non-Evernote users without lots of support.

• Level 5*

Evernote's email server will have the same sort of size limit.  It isn't an email client or an alternative way to send large files,  apart from as publicly shared notes,  or via Evernote's own Work Chat system.  In both cases the bulk of the note stays on Evernote's server as a web page and visitors simply download it that way. 

There's lots of web help around for sharing files,  including this -

Working around attachment-size policies

Perhaps the easiest way to send larger attachments is to compress them with an application such as 7-Zip or WinZip. You should already have 7-Zip (site) in your Windows-utilities toolkit; it's free and can be used to encrypt a compressed file/folder for better security. Simply send the password to the recipient in another email or provide it by text message or phone.

All major cloud-storage services offer some sort of sharing capabilities. Typically, you're given a URL that you can email to one or more recipients. This can be a more efficient way to distribute a large file to multiple recipients.

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, jodsephmcdonaldjr@yahoo.co said:

I do appreciate all the facts; however, I still can't send emails from inside of Evernote to any destination other than my own email address. 

Is this all emails,  or just the >20MB ones?  If it's all emails,  I do suggest you try tweeting Evernote - they're better placed to investigate any email issues to/ from their own server.

• Level 5
13 hours ago, jodsephmcdonaldjr@yahoo.co said:

I do appreciate all the facts; however, I still can't send emails from inside of Evernote to any destination other than my own email address. 

Please see this thread from a few weeks ago: 

The gist is that something about the way Evernote sends out emails causes Comcast and some other receiving servers to reject them (IMHO).

• 8 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 2017-09-26 at 6:16 AM, derek morgan said:

In my my inbox i receive a message indicating that it has been sent.

The email has not been  not received

I am using scansnap ix500.windows 7 professional

I'm not having any problems sending notes by email (Mac & iPad)

I don't get feedback to my inbox

You might have your users check their spam filters
Also, cc yourself on the mail