can't save as pdf

gaedfly

I used to be able to set pdf as default doc type in settings and save both single and multiple pages as pdf. This is important for me as I send from scannable through my pdf program to encrypt and password protect. I got a new iPhone and downloaded the Scannable app but although I have pdf set as default, it will only scan single pages as png. I've deleted and reinstalled the app but cannot get it to save single pages as pdf. 

I am having the same issue. This is not related to sending via email, but saving the scanned document to DropBox, sharing via AirDrop, etc. Is there a resolution where I can save a one-page-scan as a PDF? My settings have the default document type as a PDF, but the file will still save as a JPG unless I email it. I am saving one page documents (on 8 ½ x 11 paper or smaller).

@Cristine,

Please try going to Send > Share > Open in... and then select the method or location you'd like to share to.

Using the gray "Open in..." option on the first share menu will ensure the file is saved as a PDF instead of an image. Please note: this is a workaround and we expect this to be fixed in the next update to the Scannable application as noted in the linked thread in my previous comment. 

Please let me know if this doesn't help. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue. Saves to evernote ok, but send in mail or save to dropbox produces a .png, even when I have the setting switched to 'pdf'. This didn't happen with earlier versons. I really love scannable, but this is frustrating...

@rpowellweb,

This solution (going to Send > Share > Open in... and then select the method or location you'd like to share to.) worked for me. Hopefully it works for you!

This didn't work for me. The PDFvia Send>Share>Open In ... was a PDF photo that I could not access the text from. I'm looking for a way to scan a newspaper article and convert it to text so I can put the text into a Word Processor document.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived