Mac the UI more user friendly like Google Keep

Deewin

Idea

I've been using this product on and off for years now, mostly for archiving and always try to use it regularly like as a notes app but it's way too clunky or bloated for me to want to use on Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and Web. I think the Android and web have the best interfaces atm, but still has a long way to go.

Ever since Google Keep came out for iOS a few weeks ago, I decided to give it a shot and instantly fell in love with it. It's super fast to write a note or checklist, I love the font and the way they make the notes look like a board of post its (Evernote makes it look confusing and too boring/plain), And I love, loooove how I can turn certain notes into different colors to it's easy for me to scroll through and see which ones I need to keep an eye on more than the others.

Now the app/webapp isn't perfect, I can open up to a certain label on startup, and I can't customize it in many different ways like I can in Evernote, like shortcuts for an example. Also, it doesn't seem like a good place to archive things there like I do with Evernote, but the most important thing about Google keep is that it has a fantastic and SIMPLE ui, and it makes me WANT to use it unlike Evernote, which has been out for over 5 years now and I keep hoping it gets better, so I can finally get my friends on board too. The bottom line here is that Google keep is one of the simplist not taking apps out there, and it's very close to being as easy as pen and paper. Evernote is still overly complex and I feel like it's too much work, to many clicks to make to organize the notes on the fly. I also feel like it's still super bloated and my notes would get lost in there even though I know it won't because of the notebook and tagging system. I really hope the new CEO takes note, (no pun intended) I would rather have a intuitive and simple using note taking app, over a bloated one that's also interested in selling evernote logo branded water bottles. I'm a premium user right now because I like archiving articles from pocket to reference on here, but for just pure fast note taking and referencing, Google Keep will be my go to app because it's just so awesome. Apple and Evernote really needs to learn from this!

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I had the opposite reaction to Keep. Pretty, in its own fashion, but useless for getting stuff done. I guess it might help Evernote to have a customizable interface, if possible, because the Keep one is just not going to cut it for a lot of use cases. the same could be said about apple notes.

• Level 5*

EN Mac seems simple enough to me.

From anywhere on my Mac, with one global shortcut key, I can create and open a new note window ready for me to start typing.

Or, with another shortcut key, I can create a new note from anything I have just copied to the clipboard.

Don't know how it could get any simpler.

Archived