I cannot open notebooks that have been shared with me. Help!

I have about 140 notes that my students have shared with me, but the ones that have recently been shared will not open. The first 120 or so have all worked fine, but any of them that have been shared within the last week won't open. Do I have too many work chats/notebooks shared with me?

I have tried chrome, internet explorer  and firefox with no luck. I am using Windows 8, but that shouldn't affect it since I am using the web. I have tried the chrome app as well but that didn't make a difference.

Any help? I will try on my PC at home later, but would like to figure it our for my work laptop.

Thanks in advance!

• Level 5*

Hi.  What OS are you using? (Just for background - it doesn't affect system limits)  And.  You say 140 Notes shared with you.  Are these shared individual notes,  or notes in shared notebooks?  How many in total notebooks do you have shared with you?  The Help Center pages will give you more information,  but you have a max -it says here- of 500 incoming notebook shares (subscribers) and 200 (free users).  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005247-What-are-the-system-limits-of-Evernote-

Let us know how the check on your home PC goes...

Hi.  What OS are you using? (Just for background - it doesn't affect system limits)  And.  You say 140 Notes shared with you.  Are these shared individual notes,  or notes in shared notebooks?  How many in total notebooks do you have shared with you?  The Help Center pages will give you more information,  but you have a max -it says here- of 500 incoming notebook shares (subscribers) and 200 (free users).  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005247-What-are-the-system-limits-of-Evernote-

I am using Windows 8 pro. I have 140 notebooks or so shared with me. They all have photos of my students notes and homework for the actual notes in the notebook. Most of them are using the app. 

So, I have 140 shared notebooks with me. I have access to all the notes inside of the notebooks. I have a free account so 140 notebooks is under the 200 maximum.

It is odd how I can open up most of the notebooks if they were shared with me before last week. I'll try my PC at home and check back in.

If you're primarily using the web client, are you on the "new" version (check your Evernote general settings to see which web version you are running) and have you tried accessing/modifying share options to notebooks that your recent students have shared with you? This may provide some additional detail as to why you may not have access to the notebooks from the past week. 

If you're primarily using the web client, are you on the "new" version (check your Evernote general settings to see which web version you are running) and have you tried accessing/modifying share options to notebooks that your recent students have shared with you? This may provide some additional detail as to why you may not have access to the notebooks from the past week. 

I am simply going to evernote.com. I can still access most of the notebooks, but when I click on the newer ones that have been shared with me in the workchat, nothing happens. I have tried on my laptop and my desktop. They just aren't 'clickable'. I don't think it is my device that is causing the error, I think it is the evernote software. There is no options to modify sharing either... I have no clue what is going on or why I can't open the notebooks. They are shared properly with me and they show up in my workchat, they just don't open. I have even deleted the workchat and had students re-send them and they still don't open.

I am about ready to give up and switch to a new app if I can't access these notebooks.

Tried on a desktop. It didn't work. Very frustrating. 

• Level 5*

Frustrating and very odd.  The Web client via Evernote.com does come in two flavours - there's the white-space 'new' version and the mostly green and busy old one.  You can swop between them by going to your Settings (bottom left on the new version,  top right on the old) - there's an option a little way down the screen to change the version you're on.  I'd suggest you try the 'other' version to the one you're using - whichever that may be - and if that doesn't seem to help,  submit a support ticket via the Help Center (link below) and then post the ticket number here.  @gbarry is the forum admin so he might be able to take a look and see if your ticket gives any more clues about the issue.  At the moment all we've got is - it shouldn't be a problem!

Frustrating and very odd.  The Web client via Evernote.com does come in two flavours - there's the white-space 'new' version and the mostly green and busy old one.  You can swop between them by going to your Settings (bottom left on the new version,  top right on the old) - there's an option a little way down the screen to change the version you're on.  I'd suggest you try the 'other' version to the one you're using - whichever that may be - and if that doesn't seem to help,  submit a support ticket via the Help Center (link below) and then post the ticket number here.  @gbarry is the forum admin so he might be able to take a look and see if your ticket gives any more clues about the issue.  At the moment all we've got is - it shouldn't be a problem!

There is no option to change between the new and the old versions. I have gone through every possible option in the settings menu and nothing is in there. I am using chome.

Also, am I able to submit a help desk ticket if I have the basic membership? If I upgrade to Plus, would that help?

• Level 5*

It would certainly help if you upgrade,  but it's not obligatory;  use 'payment issues' as the reason for your report and it will get you into the system - once you have a ticket number you're at least in a queue somewhere...

Archived