Prevent "Save PDF to Evernote"

Bulldog

Recently I started to notice that whenever I open a PDF online I see a message "Save PDF to Evernote."

I don't recall seeing this feature in Evernote preferences and I don't want it. How can I turn this off or otherwise stop seeing "Save PDF to Evernote" when I open a PDF online?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I also have this request. I don't have the evernote web clipper installed just the extension in Safari. I'd love to turn this feature off since I have no intention of using it and it just gets in the way of viewing the pdf.

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

>>I also have this request. I don't have the evernote web clipper installed just the extension in Safari.

There's an option in Clipper Options

56dc8956b76c8_ScreenShot2016-03-06at11.4

56dc878caf04c_ScreenShot2016-03-06at11.3

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Save to Evernote PDF function disables my ability to download directly to my computer (I'm using Safari). I like the Save to Evernote option, but I don't want to be forced to use it. There is a workaround: if I FIRST save to Evernote, THEN I go back and can download the same PDF to my computer. Wasted time and annoying. 

Thanks, everyone for these instructions. Hopefully, Evernote will fix this bug, and I'll be able to turn the function back on and use it as needed.

• Level 5*
On 2017-03-26 at 11:35 AM, Janet_Hildegard said:

The Save to Evernote PDF function disables my ability to download directly to my computer (I'm using Safari)

My experience is that I have both options
The Save-PDF-To-Evernote button, or I can click on File > Save As

On 3/27/2017 at 11:54 AM, DTLow said:

My experience is that I have both options
The Save-PDF-To-Evernote button, or I can click on File > Save As

Yes, that's correct. I should have been more specific. Evernote disables the one-click download and forces one-click save to Evernote. 

• 5 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 05/09/2017 at 5:00 PM, Flamemistress said:

How do you prevent the "Save PDF to Evernote" message popping up in Firefox?  If I then need to print the PDF, it prints an extra page with this message on.  I have turned off all the clipping notifications in Evernote.

Hi.  Did you untick this one?

59b280520ce86_ScreenClip3.thumb.png.ba5927235861ccd5a715fc565f0adab2.png

Archived