El Capitan bug? Intermittent gray background.

Since I upgraded to the new OS, Evernote frequently displays titles with a slightly lighter gray background. The change is intermittent; sometimes clicking the title will resolve the issue. See attached screenshots: one exhibiting the problem, one not. Many thanks.

post-84394-0-45154100-1444167281_thumb.p

post-84394-0-86473500-1444167282_thumb.p

• Ex Employees

Can you confirm what exact Evernote version you're running, as well as whether or not you downloaded from the MAS? I can't seem to reproduce this on my end. Thanks in advance.

• Ex Employees

Can you try reinstalling from our website instead of the MAS and see if that changes anything? Back up any local notebooks or un-synced notes before doing so, as a precaution. You can find instructions on how to reinstall here.

@adorno's gray, 

I believe this issue may be resolved in our most recent beta version. Could you try updating and let me know if you continue to see the same issue?

To update to the beta, please go to Evernote > Preferences > Software Update and check the box next to "Update to beta versions when available". Then go to Help > Check for updates.

Once you have updated, if you no longer want to continue on the beta track, please go back and uncheck the box next to "Update to beta versions when available".

Hi,

I have a similar problem. In my case parts of the UI turn light blue quiet often, but not always since I upgraded to El Capitan. I guess this is somehow the effect of my desktop background because as I change it the blue changes to other in those pictures colors. Also the buttons are sometimes in ugly squares, sometimes not.

I was wondering if this color issue is a deliberate feature, but I don't like it, and I am not able to turn it off :-(

running Version 6.1.1 (452254 App Store)

thanks for your help

@adorno's gray and @kuslitsbela - . I'm still not able to reproduce this. Could you all post a screenshot of your Display options? This can be located by going to System Preferences > Accessibility.

post-112539-0-55447100-1445435598_thumb.

Hi,

here you can see two screenshots: 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B310ul7eqaG9Y1FEaVE4Rkpvc2M&usp=sharing

my evernote with light blue background and my system preferences with my actual wallpaper.

if I change the wallpaper my evernote has the same color.

unfortunately both my programs are in hungarian, but by the position of the texts you can guess their meaning, they are the same as the english ones at the same position.

thanks

@kuslitsbela - thanks for providing this information. The issue you are experiencing appears to be a bit different than what @adorno's gray is experiencing. I'd like to have both of you submit support tickets (see the link in my signature) so we can take a closer look.

When submitting your ticket, please select the "Report a bug" option from the first dropdown menu on the submission page. Please include the following information:

1. A link to this forum posting
  2. An activity log from your Mac app

Once you've submitted a ticket, please post the ticket number here and we will expedite your cases. 

Thanks @adorno's gray. We believe many of these display issues should be fixed in the next beta version which should be released soon. Please keep an eye out for the update and see if it makes a difference.

If you continue to have problems, I'd like to have you submit a support ticket (see my previous post). Please post your ticket number here so we can make sure your ticket is expedited.

Just noticed that clicking the affected area resolves the issue. e.g. in my above example, posted on 13 October 2015 - 02:13 PM: if I were to click "All notes" the white background would disappear. Hoepfully this is information is useful in debugging (or whatever it may be) the issue.

• 1 month later...

Archived