Announcing the new Evernote Help Center

image.png

I'm happy to announce the launch of a brand new resource for support and learning, the Evernote Help Center. We've reconfigured/edited/updated all of our content, improved search, added additional learning areas, and generally made everything more functional. We think you'll dig it. 

The new site is at: https://help.evernote.com/

Check out the new templates section as well as the tips and tutorials section. In particular, let us know: 

1. What other templates you would like to see: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/sections/200930137-Templates
  2. What other tips you'd like to see: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/categories/10681-Tips-Tutorials

All feedback is appreciated. Speaking of feedback...

One other notable improvement is the "was this helpful" selection at the bottom of every article. If you find an article useful (or not) tell us. We'll use your votes to calibrate and update content. 

For everyone here in the community who has support related links in their signature (which is super awesome and helpful) now may be a good time to take a look at what you have linked out. We have redirects in place, but it's a pretty significant transition and there's bound to be some changes that aren't redirected. I'll be doing the same for my own signature.

If you run into any related service links that need to be changed, let me know and we'll take care of it. 

• Level 5

The Tips & Tutorials looks nice and clean. 

I had a suggestion with the topic "How to organize notes into different notebooks

I tried out the question "Was this article helpful? Yes / No"

After clicking No - I expected to add a brief twitter-like explanation, but the Evernote reply was:
"Sorry to hear that. Thanks for letting us know."

So, even though I agreed with the overall topic, my reply gets logged as a negative.
  • Ex Employees

The Tips & Tutorials looks nice and clean. 

I had a suggestion with the topic "How to organize notes into different notebooks

I tried out the question "Was this article helpful? Yes / No"

After clicking No - I expected to add a brief twitter-like explanation, but the Evernote reply was:
"Sorry to hear that. Thanks for letting us know."

So, even though I agreed with the overall topic, my reply gets logged as a negative.

That's really awesome feedback and a good point. 

• Level 5*

Definitely a step forward - much more up to date and user friendly than previously.  Congratulations to the team (person?) that put it together.  One minor worry - there's a lot of very friendly guidance towards contacting support with copy logs etc;  are basic customers then going to get the 'please post this in the forums' message for general tech issues? 

Unless the forums is mentioned as an option up front it might come as a bit of a shock after the warm and fuzzy message to that point.

Also: what's the status on the Twitter address - do you guys want that promoted where everything else has failed,  or soft-pedaled from now on?

@JB: The purpose of the Yes/No isn't to log your disagreement with the topic, but to gauge whether or not the article addressed what you were looking for. If an article is getting a lot of no's, then it is missing the mark somehow and we need to look into it. I'll bring up your expectation at being able to include a reason though, good feedback. 

@Gaz: And it's responsive design! The submission form should still work the same, allowing guests to submit through as well as Basic subscribers with specific access issues or bugs. That said, we're taking a look at the form too, so this is good feedback to have. As for Twitter, I think it's ok to refer to it as a resource of last resort (or for escalations) when super necessary, but the core purpose of @evernotehelps is really to provide quality support to users natively on Twitter (a tiny but important distinction). We're also improving the eyes and ears on these forums, so you should feel less of a need to send people that way with time.

The unsung fact worth mentioning here is that support response times have improved immensely, so there should be even less of a need to escalate these days. The team is kicking butt. We're also still happy to pull ticket #s here natively on the forums as well. 

• Level 5*

Thanks Geoff - duly Evernoted.  Things have looked busier around here lately - more Employees putting in quality time on queries.  Things seem to be looking good!  It'll be interesting to see if the traffic on the forums steadies down a bit in the next few weeks... :) 

An interesting development which makes Twitter support a tad more inviting is, as we all know, the lifting of the 140-character limit for direct messages. So things are looking up, I say ;-)

An interesting development which makes Twitter support a tad more inviting is, as we all know, the lifting of the 140-character limit for direct messages. So things are looking up, I say ;-)

I'm not looking forward to that, should it come to pass. 140 characters increases productivity and forces clarity. I'm not really sure what Twitter becomes if they lift that limit too. The DM limit has been welcome though, you can get into a private conversation and communicate everything you need to. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  I'm guessing you're not a Chinese speaker or currently based in China,  so that would be a problem.  Try this link - https://evernote.com/contact/support/ticket/

If you can,  fill in the details there - if you're a premium subscriber you'll be able to start a chat session.

However,  if that also comes up in Chinese and you're using Firefox there's a language choice that may make a difference too -

Firefox Preferences / Content / Choose Languages - set a string of - "Accept-Language:en-us,en;q=0.8,en-ca;q=0.6,fr-fr;q=0.4,fr;q=0.2"

• Level 5

When I click "Help" on my Evernote, or from your link above, it is in Chinese.  Everything else is in English.  I get what looks like the page above.  I really need this not to happen!

This happened to me a while ago. I posted my issue on the forum. I also submitted a support request to Evernote 

Take a look at this link and scroll down for some possible solutions.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/44583-evernote-web-site-in-chinese-hacked/?p=234940

A few days ago, I went to the help center and it was all in French.

I closed Evernote and opened it. The help center was back to English.

• Level 5*

don't make default note or notebook option. i found trouble every time when i save link to evernote .i have to change my default note everytime ..plz give option to save in particular note from evernote in browser.

Please repost your request in a specific forum - Windows/ Mac/ iOS/ Android - and with more details of what you're requestnig...

• 1 month later...

Is it possible for me to get some tech support with just a basic account?  All I want is the updates that I keep getting notices about.  I try to download them and I consistently get an error that says "An error occurred when downloading updates.  Please try again later."  I think this may be because I am in China using a VPN, but I have no way of knowing.  I don't know what else to try.   I am several months behind on updates now. 

Thanks,

Kathy

• Level 5*

Hi.  You won't know whether you can get any assistance unless you ask for it - choose "account access issue" in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

As to whether your issue is related to your geographical location or the VPN,  I'd say they're both good candidates - but we're a mainly user forum,  not Support - you really need an Evernote tech to comment...

• gbarry unpinned this topic

Archived