Work chat - Can't chat with self bug

When I try and chat a note to my wife, it says I can't chat with myself.

My wife used to not have her own account so I would sign into my account on her Android phone and I'm thinking that this is what caused the problem. Now she has her own account which she is signed into, but I can't work chat notes to her by typing in the email address associated with her Evernote account. This bug only occurs on my Nexus 6 running the latest version of Evernote and on the Web App (Beta). The Windows application works fine and we can chat. 

I can trick it by entering HerEmail+whatever@gmail.com since Gmail will still route it to her email and ignores the +whatever, but I would still like to figure this out. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you tried syncing your mobile app up to date,  then uninstalling and reinstalling it?  If your desktop app works and the Android doesn't,  it seems like something may be stored on the mobile which is causing the issue.

• Level 5*

Superweird.  So the 'flag' that says your wife's account is connected with you only affects the mobile connection,  not your desktop - and it's not (apparently) stored on your mobile.  I think you just got in over my head on Chat matters - I'd suggest you head on over to Evernote's Help Center (link in my sig) to see if there's anything on this issue there,  and maybe raise it with support to see what they say...

It's affecting the Web Beta as well. And I just tested the desktop again and realized that while it doesn't give me an error saying I can't chat with myself, the chat doesn't send to my wife. It sends to me... even though I entered her email. Very strange. 

I think the only way her email could be associated with my account is from me signing in on her Android device. I just submitted a ticket. Anxious to see what they have to say. Thanks for the help. 

post-269158-0-19869100-1444242918_thumb.

• Level 5*

Yup.  I agree it's obviously associated you with that account.  Can't suggest a practical fix though,  without uninstalling and reinstallng all the apps involved.  Support is definitely your best bet...

Archived