I have two Evernote icons in Outlook.

• Level 5*

I recently upgraded from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2016. The EN clipper didn't work but before I could post about it, a new build of EN was released and that fixed it, sort of. Now I have two icons. See screenshot

The green one on the right opens a side window and pushes the email to the EN server directly, which I like.

The grey one on the left seems to be the old method where it opens the note on the local client which eventually makes it to the server.

How can I remove the grey one, or at least remove the one that isn't new so I am using the current build?

• Level 5*

That's more an Outlook question than an Evernote question I think - it might be dangerous to start uninstalling add-ins;  you might lose both icons.  I'd suggest you try right click and 'Customise Toolbar' - can you remove the unwanted grey icon that way?

• Level 5*

That's more an Outlook question than an Evernote question I think - it might be dangerous to start uninstalling add-ins;  you might lose both icons.  I'd suggest you try right click and 'Customise Toolbar' - can you remove the unwanted grey icon that way?

so the grey icon is indeed the latest and the one I should keep - or the one I'd get on a fresh install?

I want to be sure before I try removing the green one. I will try the customizing toolbar, and head to MS Answers if that doesn't work.

Thanks for the help.

• Level 5*

Well,  your original question was: "how do I remove the grey icon".. I don't know which is the latest version - my current version is just a boring grey....

Hmmm... I actually clarified to remove the one that isn't the new one, and since I am assuming you have the latest, the grey one is the right one to keep and I should try removing the green one...  <_<

"Save to Evernote" is the older clipper for Outlook.

"Evernote" is the new Evernote for Outlook app that was recently released for the latest versions of Outlook web, 365 and office. 

They both work. The first offers fewer options. The latter offers some new types of functionality in the email compose and read views. You might want to thoroughly tst both of them before you remove either one.

Archived