We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
qqq000

How Do I Apply A Tag To Multiple Items

I found out I have a lot of items in my dropbox that need a certain tag. How do I apply the tag to all of them at one time instead of applying it to each one-by-one?

Hi.  "DropBox?" 

It's possible to apply tags to multiple notes in Evernote by selecting the notes and clicking the 'add tag' button.  Multiple selections don't work in the new version of the Web client though - you need to go back to the older version via Settings if you;re doing this via your browser.

Thanks for the fast response! I have no idea why I wrote Dropbox! Must have been an autocorrect. Now to find the add tag button

• Like 1

On 10/6/2015 at 4:35 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  "DropBox?" 

It's possible to apply tags to multiple notes in Evernote by selecting the notes and clicking the 'add tag' button.  Multiple selections don't work in the new version of the Web client though - you need to go back to the older version via Settings if you;re doing this via your browser.

But how are notes selected?

11 hours ago, JNF said:

But how are notes selected?

In Windows, like most Windows apps, Ctrl-Click to select one by one, Shift-Click to select a range, or Ctrl-A to select the whole list.

Edited by csihilling
corrected brain error

30 minutes ago, csihilling said:

In Windows, like most Windows apps, Alt-Click to select one by one, Shift-Click to select a range, or Ctrl-A to select the whole list.

I think in Windows, Ctrl+click to select one-by-one is the standard. Rogue applications may also support Alt+Click, File Explorer sure doesn't... :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jefito said:

I think in Windows, Ctrl+click to select one-by-one is the standard. Rogue applications may also support Alt+Click, File Explorer sure doesn't... :) 

Shite.  Edited the post, thanks.  Sometimes brain and fingers are in two different zones....

• Like 2