• Level 5

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Are you refering to the Evernote Helper (the elefant in the menu bar) or a Web Clipper add-on in a browser? If it is the latter which browser are you using?

• Level 5

Well, I am not using Safari but Firefox. From reading other posts my impression is that the Safari clipper very often does not work. My only recommendation is to un- and re-install the add-on.

• Ex Employees

If a reinstall doesn't work, make sure that you have the setting 'Stop plug-ins to save power' *unchecked* in Safari Preferences > Advanced. We've noticed that this can sometimes interfere with the Safari clipper. Keep us posted!

• Ex Employees

Can you confirm that the issue occurs on all web pages (try our home page for reference)? Do you have any other extensions installed? In addition, what version of Safari and OS X are you on?

Yes it appears to be the same on all pages. The web-clipper icon is there next to the URL box, but it doesn't do anything when you click on it? I tried to re-download just the clipper itself, but it wouldn't - the page just came up showing it was already installed. I also tried opening the Safari extensions and installing from there but it said "Safari can’t install this extension". I am not sure how I find what other extensions are installed? Sorry, but I am not that experienced with this sort of thing.

Safari - Version 9.0 (10601.1.56.2)

OS X Yosemite - Version 10.10.5 (14F27)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Ex Employees

Apologies for the delay. Here is some helpful information on how to manage your extensions. If you have additional ones, I recommend deactivating them (for now) to see if that gets the Evernote clipper going again. I also recommend clearing your browsing data - instructions on how to do that here. Keep me posted.

Archived