Evernote Search Bar too far right

robanero

Any one know how to move the left most edge of the search bar to the left?

After I updated to Evernote for Windows 5.9.1.8742 (276742) Public, now the search bar is located too far right, leaving a bunch of space between it and the toolbar.  This has happened on two different Windows 7 systems of mine, so I am wondering why nobody else has complained about it (in this forum).

Thanks,

Rob

• Level 5

Any one know how to move the left most edge of the search bar to the left?

After I updated to Evernote for Windows 5.9.1.8742 (276742) Public, now the search bar is located too far right, leaving a bunch of space between it and the toolbar.  This has happened on two different Windows 7 systems of mine, so I am wondering why nobody else has complained about it (in this forum).

Thanks,

Rob

Because

• Some users prefer to turn on the toolbar "Show Labels" feature
  • Other users wish to add more toolbar icons
Both of these mods takes up the space between the toolbar and the search field.

I use the search window constantly during the day. The size is not a problem for me.
My workaround for complex lengthy searches, involving multiple search terms, is to start it in my notepad, then paste it in. If the results are not what I desired, I can return to the notepad to make additional changes.
  • Level 5*

In the past sometimes it would be wide and sometimes narrow.  Never could figure out why.  Seems to stay narrow now.

But still, letting it float to space available would be a nice touch. 

Archived