Windows 10 won't start, only background service

geekdaddy1

I recently bought a new computer with Windows 10 Pro installed, installed Evernote, and it worked at first.  Subsequent launches only shows the background service but not app starts.  I can kill the service, uninstall, re-install, reboot, etc. and nothing changes.  It only seems to start up the background process.  Any clues why it no longer starts?  I did try changing my default browser from Edge to IE and that didn't help either.

Any thoughts?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Most Evernote + Windows 10 users seem happy with their installation,  although W10 does seem to have a fair few idiosyncracies.  I'd suggest you raise a support ticket - the EN team will be able to help better than most of us users..  choose "login/account access issue" in the first dropdown after logging in (or clicking 'continue as guest' if that's not possible) here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

-or reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps (include the forum thread URL for extra background)

Archived