Sort my List by date due / email / calendar integration.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote doesn't have a 'due date' specifically.  Reminders can be sorted by date,  and notes by created or updated dates.  You can fix the notes sorting by File > Exiting Evernote with the sort set to your requirements.  That will then become your default.

Evernote will email you a list of reminders due at the start of the day - look at your preferences or settings to switch emails on.

EN Reminders won't directly link to Google Calendar,  but there are various apps that will show remnders.  Sunrise Calendar - https://calendar.sunrise.am/  - will display both Google calendar and Evernote reminders.

Thank you!

1  Actually it was the reminder that I would like to have the default sort automatically and permanently by "Due Date" and not "Custom" as it is now. I don't see how to change the "Custom" anyway, but I don't really care about that - I'd li9ke to see the reminders by due date....

2  My preferences and options do not have the email set up option. Maybe that comes with Premium membership?

3  Thanks for the calendar integration tip - I'll try it. 

Thank you! 

• Level 5*

Thank you!

1  Actually it was the reminder that I would like to have the default sort automatically and permanently by "Due Date" and not "Custom" as it is now. I don't see how to change the "Custom" anyway, but I don't really care about that - I'd li9ke to see the reminders by due date....

If you view your notes in Snippet view, at the top of the note list is the reminder area.  You can set that to sort in date order.  Can't do it in List view.

Thank you!

If you view your notes in Snippet view, at the top of the note list is the reminder area.  You can set that to sort in date order.  Can't do it in List view.

Illustrious, thank you, but how do I get to snippet view? When I go to the reminder area I am offered "Custom" and "Due Date". But I cant get "Due Date" to become the default - on refreshing it defaults to "custom"....... See attachment

• Level 5*

View - Note List - Snippet.  Don't see the attachment, but here is a picture of what snippet view looks like.  At the top of the note column there is a settings gear where you can select date.

post-58142-0-40797300-1443475531_thumb.p

Cal, I am using 3 programs:

EN Web

EN WebClipper and

EN Desktop (for Windows). 

Until this morning I didn't realize that EN Web and EN Desktop were not identical. 

I still don't see the layout configuration you show with an inbox on any of them. But when I use Desktop, I am able to make "due date" the default for reminders. But not on EN Web or Clipper.

Thank you

• Level 5*

I think you can only review your reminders on the web and desktop, not clipper.  Inbox just happened to be the notebook of the note that was visible when I took the screenshot.  The web works just like desktop, see below. 

I would suggest you just play around a bit with the views and settings to see what is available.  Good luck.

post-58142-0-01209200-1443556692_thumb.p

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to have different reminders (due dates) for different tasks within a single note?

Example:

For a note titled Fix Car...

- Bring car to dealer (due Wed.)

- Check in call (due Fri.)

- Rent car if necessary to pick up Grandma (due next Mon.)

If so, how does Evernote notify you? With an email on each of these days, that points me to the Fix Car note?

Thanks,

Another new/ish user

• Level 5*

No, one reminder date per note.  Your options with EN are basically to change the reminder date on the note each time you complete a step in the sequence, or create a note per task with its own reminder.  You can create a Table of Contents to group the individual notes, but the reminders are still on the individual notes. For simple task lists sometimes something like Wunderlist works well.

Archived