Scannable can't export large file to Everntoe

MDCollins

I've been trying to export a large file to Evernote (it's about 35MB), but it keeps saying the file is too large.

I get the options: Buy, Try Later, Mail, Later.

I've upgraded to Evernote Plus, so it's not a monthly upload issue. I've tried the various mail and later options but it keeps trying.

The trouble is, it has worked - I've got the file in Evernote 4 or 5 times now. But it keeps trying, and failing (and succeeding).

Is there any way I can get it to give up?

I've got an iPhone 6 on iOS 9. I've force closed both scannable and evernote. I've force reset the phone (using the sleep/home buttons).

Any other ideas please?!

Thanks,

Matthew

p.s. after the original failure, I worked around the issue by rescanning it in smaller chunks. I've got all the data I need. Just want it to stop!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Check the various account limits for basic/ plus - https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23258452

If the total file size is around 35MB you should be within any note size or upload limits on Plus.  Where is this constant uploading coming from?  Is it Scannable trying to get the file to Evernote,  or Evernote trying to sync?

It's scannable trying to upload to Evernote. I.e. If if open scannable after a few hours I get the pop up saying the note is too large.

I wonder if the cause is that it was too large for basic, which is what I had when I scanned it, after which I upgraded to plus (once I'd realised I had also hit the monthly limit).

I've just opened scannable for the first time since this afternoon. Got the pop up. Also just checked Evernote, it's there at least four times, and I've already deleted it at least that.

Stuck in a loop!

• Level 5*

If you've moved all your scans out of Scannable and into Evernote or other storage,  you could uninstall scannable and reinstall it - that should clear your history;  if you have scans on your phone that you're fond of and want to keep,  I suggest a support request - as a (now) paying customer,  you're fully entitled - see my sig for the link/ Twitter details.  You would think Scannable should give up after a reasonable number of tries,  and it would be good if it could recognise a 'note too big' error coming back from Evernote. 

At 35MB you were over the note size limit for a basic user,  but it's difficult for a Scannable user to know how big a scan is going to be before it's done,  and if it then can't be uploaded without splitting the file,  it might be nice for Scannable to offer that option...

Feature Request here guys!

Archived