ScanSnap S1100 scan and OCR - Error occurred with the OCR processing module

Today when I wanted to scan some receipts using the ScanSnap S1100 into EN, I was greeted with the following errors (screenshots are attached).

"An error occurred with the OCR processing module"

I then pressed OK and it started processing the file in EN. It then gave me the following error.

"Failed to create a searchable PDF file. (0xffffff05f). Ending this process."

I am running Windows 10 and have had no issues for the past 2 months. It has been about 2 weeks since I used the S1100 with EN so there may have been a few EN updates since then. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the S1100 driver and software. I can still scan to file just fine and even to EN, but I'd prefer to keep the OCR functionality. I realize I could also do the OCR later and upload to OCR, but being able to do the scan, process, OCR, insert into EN workflow in a single pass is preferable.

Any help would be much appreciated!

post-131878-0-78946100-1443395875_thumb.

post-131878-0-28398400-1443395876_thumb.

• Level 5*

Today when I wanted to scan some receipts using the ScanSnap S1100 into EN, I was greeted with the following errors (screenshots are attached).

Have you looked closely at the error messages?

Like "lnsuffícient disk drive space for creating PDF files"

The problem seems obvious to me, you have insufficient disk space.

Have you looked closely at the error messages?

Like "lnsuffícient disk drive space for creating PDF files"

The problem seems obvious to me, you have insufficient disk space.

One would think that except that I have a single drive on my laptop and 690GB free. I'd be surprised if it required > 690GB free. I suppose it could be a permission issue, but I'm saving to a folder under C:\Users\<username>. I've also saved there before and had no issues.

It also only seems to be happening with OCR. I'm able to save other PDF files just fine.

• 4 weeks later...

I decided to revisit this issue after a month of being too busy. It turns out the issue was permissions. I switched to logging in as the elevated Administrator account and noticed there was no issues. I then went back and I disabled UAC on my user account, and in the Local Security Policy:Local Policies:Security Options:User Account Control:Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode:DISABLE.

Finally it works!

Archived