Edit Skitch created in Skitch

FileMaker

As with Evernote I can no longer edit a Skitch that has just been created and saved. I have just updated to Ver3.4 - from Ver3.3.3. This is a backward step. I use the app in the field to annotated distance and height data onto a screen grab then at my Lesiure (until Ver3.4) I could refine the Skitch before adding it to my FileMaker Database. Please can someone tell Why and If it will be able to edit Skitch created documents in the future. If not I will have to find another App.

@FileMaker, Could you tell me the steps you are taking so I can attempt to reproduce this? Are you saving the Skitch into Evernote and then trying to edit it from there? Or are you saving to another location and then reopening it in Skitch? Is this happening with all files you try to edit or just specific file types? 

Thanks for your reply. I create a new Skitch using a screen grab. Once completed I save to Pictures not Evernote it also saves a copy in a folder in pictures called Skitch. I can open both but not edit the age. I have to create a new image and replicate my work.

Thanks for clarifying. To edit the annotated image, open it in the Camera Roll and tap on "Edit" on the top right. Tap the three dots on the bottom of the image which will pull up the Photo Editors menu. Tap on the Skitch icon and you should now be able to edit your annotations. 

Thank you. I have 4 colleagues all using Skitch to maintain a database of 3000 records which increases monthly by anything upto 20 records per month. This feature was also removed from Evernote - I started to save all skitch' stop Evernote from all 5 of us so we could easily make minor changes. Now when we revisit the record a new skitch has to be created which is very time consuming. Thank you for your help.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. You are correct, if you start with Skitch and save to Evernote, it's not possible to edit from Evernote but you should be able to edit from the Skitch for Mac desktop app. However, if you save an image first to Evernote, then annotate it in Evernote, you can edit the annotations.  

Archived