Thumbnails not generating for a few notes

I have a notebook in which I keep a list of notes that each have a bit of text (maybe 2-5 paragraphs worth) and 1 or 2 photos attached. There are currently 70 notes in this notebook, and of the last 5 created, 4 of them are not displaying their thumbnails properly. Instead of an image preview, they display a blank document icon. Oddly, when I created the note, or later removed and reattached the picture in an attempt to recreate the thumbnail, it shows for a moment until it finishes syncing at which point it goes back to the blank document icon. This is happening on both my Android phone and when I access the site via my desktop PC's web browser. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like. There doesn't seem anything different about these 4 notes when compared to my other notes in this notebook. I'm stumped! Does anyone know what might cause this and how to fix it? I'd appreciate any help you guys could provide.

post-270739-0-07666600-1443172484_thumb.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Are these especially large images?  Loaded from a web site?  Depending on your OS you may be able to refresh your snippets,  or delete your local database and rebuild it from the server - but anything seems an awful lot of work for a few 'empty' thumbnails.  I'd suggest you raise this with Support - see the link / Twitter address in my signature - to see what they can suggest.

• 1 month later...

As a follow up to this, I did contact Evernote support, and after a lengthy back and forth over e-mail, it was determined that Evernote does not like photos that over approximately 13 megapixels. The phone I recently switched to has a 21 megapixel camera, so the workaround for this issue is to use the app's built in camera and lower the quality setting from 21.4 MP (phone default) to 13 MP. Too bad the built in camera is so bad at focusing on very close objects (photos of which are my primary use for Evernote). Hope this helps anyone else upgrading to a modern smartphone with a decent camera in it.

Archived