Highlights and Underlines not printing

When will the bug that doesn't allow text that I highlight or text that I underline to print that way be addressed?  This has been going on for a number of versions now and I would think that this would be a simple fix?  Is it being looked into?

• 3 weeks later...

Highlight doesn't print - it distrorts the line spacing so that part of the next line disappears

Underline creates strikethough

Strikethrough creates an overline

These are all print rendering issues - it doesn't matter which print driver I use or whether I print to PDF.

As you say, this has been going on for a long time - I'm on 5.91 - Windows 7

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this helps, but have you tried printing from the web? I was having trouble getting highlighting to print. In the end, I printed from the Web App and selected to print background images. Highlighting is a background. My highlights are printing now!

• 9 months later...

I came here today to find out how to print with highlights, as that's an important function to me. Alas, I found this thread indicating that lots of us want this function, but it isn't being provided. I'd like to add my vote (also a paying user) for getting this functionality working. Otherwise, I love Evernote, but a major use I intended isn't going to work without this functionality. I've invested several hours in preparation, and am now at a loss. It never occurred to me that Evenote wouldn't print the notes as I see them.

7 minutes ago, RDCushing1 said:

Great. But do you have an easy way to move 6,000+ notes from Evernote to OneNote?

A quick Google search will reveal the answer.  Lifehacker had an article back on 4.8.2014 that worked perfectly for me.  I didn't have 6000 notes, but I had over 1000 and they all came over.  It was a little work but well worth it the end. 

• 4 months later...

A kluge approach is to select Edit/Select All from the note's menu, then Control-C (copy command for Windows). Then open a blank Word doc, then Control-V (paste command for Windows). Then print the Word doc and it will have the highlights. When you paste, I think you need to be sure to select the option to keep the source formatting if you right-click instead of Ctl-V. This worked for me. I assume it works for Mac (revising commands as appropriate), but didn't try it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-5-12 at 9:20 PM, kem528 said:

A kluge approach is to select Edit/Select All from the note's menu, then Control-C (copy command for Windows). Then open a blank Word doc, then Control-V (paste command for Windows). Then print the Word doc and it will have the highlights. When you paste, I think you need to be sure to select the option to keep the source formatting if you right-click instead of Ctl-V. This worked for me. I assume it works for Mac (revising commands as appropriate), but didn't try it.

A great temporary solution but we're not supposed to be paying for a Premium account and to be compensating with other services.

• 3 months later...

I went into Evernote this morning and printed a note I have that contains highlights and oddly enough, I found myself here.

Has there been any news on this front? Seems to be a fairly basic feature - things printing the same as they appear on the screen. It concerns me that threads from 2015 mention this issue and here we are in late 2017 with no apparent fix aside from "paste it into Word and print from there". 

• 1 month later...

Has this been resolved? I'm painfully wasting time trying to get my note to print as I see it in Evernote (desktop). Is this seriously not possible?

If so, why not? I would think this is a basic feature. 

I too am a premium subscriber (not that that should make a difference in this instance).

• Ex Employees
1 hour ago, RKane said:

Has this been resolved? I'm painfully wasting time trying to get my note to print as I see it in Evernote (desktop). Is this seriously not possible?

If so, why not? I would think this is a basic feature. 

I too am a premium subscriber (not that that should make a difference in this instance).

This should be fixed in the latest beta, 6.8.2. And will be included in the next GA release. If you want to try the beta, now you can install it from here: 

Please note the known issues with the beta before updating. "Since this required quite a bit of under-the-hood work, not everything is working quite right yet - you'll notice find and replace isn't hooked up, and some edge cases around drag & drop of files in and out of a note may not work."

• 3 weeks later...

Well it worked.  After two years, you can print notes with highlights.  I'm not sure why I even tried to search the help again today.  I'm a premium user with the beta thing turned on and this update didn't show.  Anyway I printed a page with highlights.

• 1 month later...

Archived