Can add content, but cannot edit/delete anything!

I'm getting this problem on every platform I use Evernote on (Mac, android, windows), whereby I can type into notes, add attachments and everything else I've tried (formatting etc.) but it's as if the delete and backspace buttons don't work on the keyboard. I simply cannot find a way to delete or change anything that I've already added. Once it's in, it's in! 

• Evernote Staff*

Hi there. Just to clarify, this issue is happening across *all* platforms?

For each platform, can you specify what OS you're running, as well as your exact version of Evernote? Does this happen in any other applications? Are you using an external/bluetooth keyboard anywhere?

Thanks in advance for this info.

Hi

It is happening across Windows 7 (EN 5.9.1), Windows 8.1 (on a MS surface but it's not with me to check the version), Android lollipop (EN 7.1.4) and Mac OS X Yosemite (EN 6.1.1).

I've not had this happen in any other software, but I do use a bluetooth keyboard on one of the Windows 7 PCs.

Cheers

N

• Evernote Staff*

Thank you. 

I'd also like to gather some information about the notes themselves - does this happen on every single note that you create, or is it specific to notes created in a third party app or perhaps just notes in one notebook?

If you create a brand new notebook and inside it a brand new note, do you get the same behavior?

• Evernote Staff*

Apologies, I somehow missed your response - are there tables or other formatting in those other notes? Because you're having the same behavior across all platforms, it's likely that the issue is content-related. 

I am having trouble deleting photos from the Skitch Gallery on a Nexus 7. This is particularly frustrating since the Nexus 7s have liy. Now limited storage and we are using them in a Kindergarten Class. The students have snapped away.

Pictures taken with Camera show up in the Gallery in Skitch and in Photos and can be deleted in Photos. But, pictures taken in Skitch stay in Skitch and I haven't been able to figure out how to delete them.

Any help is appreciated.

Sorry if this wasn't the place to post a new question. Couldn't figure out how to start a conversation.

• Level 5*

I am having trouble deleting photos from the Skitch Gallery on a Nexus 7. This is particularly frustrating since the Nexus 7s have liy. Now limited storage and we are using them in a Kindergarten Class. The students have snapped away.

Pictures taken with Camera show up in the Gallery in Skitch and in Photos and can be deleted in Photos. But, pictures taken in Skitch stay in Skitch and I haven't been able to figure out how to delete them.

Any help is appreciated.

Sorry if this wasn't the place to post a new question. Couldn't figure out how to start a conversation.

Sounds more like an Android (or Nexus) problem than Evernote/ Skitch - only thing I can suggest is:  could you temporarily uninstall Skitch from the tablet?  That may take all the pictures with it,  or if not you may then be able to delete them normally.

Archived