Moving Notes from one notebook to another using my monthly allotment

Hello,  I had imported my OneNote recipe file and created notebooks for fish, pasta, etc.  Then I wanted to move items from the OneNote notebook I had imported, and in doing that, realized I had used up my monthly allotment.  I am confused, if things are already in Evernote, can I not move them from notebook to notebook without an issue.  

Hello,  I had imported my OneNote recipe file and created notebooks for fish, pasta, etc.  Then I wanted to move items from the OneNote notebook I had imported, and in doing that, realized I had used up my monthly allotment.  I am confused, if things are already in Evernote, can I not move them from notebook to notebook without an issue.

Changes to synced notes would need to be synced to the servers. How else would those changes be replicated to any other computers/devices you use?

Not sure what the response means, let me try and clarify my situation.

I have notes in a note book called Recipes from OneNote (that I had imported in from my OneNote account), and then another notebook in Evernote named Recipes.  Under the Recipes notebook I have with Notes entitled Fish, Pasta, etc.  I just realized now, as I am trying to describe this to you, that in the web version of Evernote my Notebook Recipes from OneNote is not showing up?  Now I am really confused.

Anyway on my desktop version I had these 2 notebooks, and I was trying to move notes from the Recipes from OneNote notebook to the corresponding notes in the Recipes Notebook, and it was saying that I was using up my monthly allotment.  I see now that maybe I moved stuff into my desktop, but for some reason it did not sync.    Sorry, but perhaps this is too confusing. I think the file I tried to import from OneNote was too big for the online Evernote, but it is still in my desktop version.   

Not sure what the response means, let me try and clarify my situation.

I have notes in a note book called Recipes from OneNote (that I had imported in from my OneNote account), and then another notebook in Evernote named Recipes.  Under the Recipes notebook I have with Notes entitled Fish, Pasta, etc.  I just realized now, as I am trying to describe this to you, that in the web version of Evernote my Notebook Recipes from OneNote is not showing up?  Now I am really confused.

Anyway on my desktop version I had these 2 notebooks, and I was trying to move notes from the Recipes from OneNote notebook to the corresponding notes in the Recipes Notebook, and it was saying that I was using up my monthly allotment.  I see now that maybe I moved stuff into my desktop, but for some reason it did not sync.    Sorry, but perhaps this is too confusing. I think the file I tried to import from OneNote was too big for the online Evernote, but it is still in my desktop version.

I understood your request from the first post. I don't know how to say it any more clearly. Any changes to synced notes needs to be synced to the Evernote servers (cloud). Since Evernote's usage is based upon UPLOAD (not the amount stored in the clouds say like Dropbox), then any changes to synced notes needs to go against your upload amount. If you've used it all up, you will need to wait until your upload refreshes (or upgrade your account to a larger upload amount).

• Level 5*

If the original/current Notebook of the Notes you want to move are already in a syn'd Notebook, then changing Notebooks does not require any additional content space, so it should allow you to do so.  However, I have seen posts where it seems that Evernote locks your account from all changes as soon as you hit the monthly upload allowance.  I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug.

OTOH, if the original Notebook is a Local Notebook, then moving to a sync'd NB does require additional upload of content.

If it were me, I would report it as bug, since I'm not trying to upload additional content.  But it's up to you.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

Archived