Dead link when trying to open an invite to view/edit a notebook

I am a HS teacher and I am having each of my students share a personal notebook with me as a means of a portfolio for the class.  

I can see and edit about 85% of my students' notebooks, however there are a bunch that I can't seem to gain access to.  

I am receiving work chats from them to view/edit their notebooks, but when I click the link to do so (which worked with all the other notebooks) the link goes nowhere. I have tried this using my personal computer, work computer, online version of Evernote and even the downloaded app on my computer and on my phone, and the link is visible, but I can't take it to go to their notebook.  I have had them log into my computer and I have made sure the settings are just like the other students' but still no luck.  Any idea what's going on?

Thank you!

Teacher

• Level 5*

Don't know that renaming would cause a problem,  don't know that it wouldn't - but it seems possible.  Try setting up a new notebook in a test with one or two of the students whose notebooks you're having problems seeing as a test?

You could also raise a support request - basic users don't get email support,  but if you're Plus or Premium submit a request by choosing the appropriate option in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

All users can contact Twitter @Evernotehelps

In either case include the forum thread URL for extra background.

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

I just opened a New Notebook while in the student's account, then shared it with 'can edit' rights to myself.  I then log back in as myself and see the Work Chat to 'check out this notebook' but the link is dead... but I just created the new notebook.

So confused.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• Level 5*

I just opened a New Notebook while in the student's account, then shared it with 'can edit' rights to myself.  I then log back in as myself and see the Work Chat to 'check out this notebook' but the link is dead... but I just created the new notebook.

So confused.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi.  On what device and OS are you creating the share,  and on what device in what OS are you receiving the email?  The email will be a lot faster than Evernote syncing the new folder to its server and then back down to you,  so syncing both devices might be the cure - or if you're on a networked workstation or router,  there could be firewall issues here...

I figured out the problem.  I exceeded the maximum number of notebooks I can have in the 'free' version of Evernote.  I have 100 students and 24 lab groups, so the last students who tried to share their notebooks with me got the 'dead' links.  I upgraded to the premium version yesterday and today I can open those links to see their notebooks and I have access! :)

Thank you for your help!

Archived