Can't send pdf using Gmail

Go to solution Solved by kgg,

I've been using Scannable for awhile now.  I've been able to e-mail my scans as pdfs directly from the app using Gmail until today, after the latest update of the app.  Now, even though I have the default setting as pdf, I can only use Apple's horrible e-mail app to send pdfs, when I try to use Gmail, it sends them as pngs.  No matter what I try.  What gives?!?!?

Sorry for the problems - there is an issue in the latest version of Scannable that does make this process a little more cumbersome.  

Instead of choosing Send>>Share>>Gmail, try Send>>Share>>Open In...>>Gmail.  That should send the file as a PDF.  This is definitely NOT our intention, and we should have this issue resolved in the next version of Scannable.  

Thank you for your understanding!

P.J.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, I am having the same issue.  I used to be able to send PDFs with Gmail without any issues, but now on both of my devices I am receiving an error that says Failed to Send.  I tried both ways of share as well as open in, and both won't work.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, LG613 said:

Hi, I am having the same issue.  I used to be able to send PDFs with Gmail without any issues, but now on both of my devices I am receiving an error that says Failed to Send.  I tried both ways of share as well as open in, and both won't work.

Hi.  OS? Device?  How big are the PDF files?

• 4 months later...
On 8/20/2020 at 7:54 AM, LG613 said:

after you have scanned, instead of selecting 'SAVE', select 'SEND'.  For me (iOS), 'SEND' will then allow me to 'share' as a PDF.  However if click 'SAVE' it will save to Camera Roll as a PNG (even though have chosen file type on scan as PDF).