Table Editing is Broken

sherpacurt

Cannot delete, backspace, or cut text within a table.  In some cases the keys just dont do anything, in other cases the entire row gets messed up (seems to remove table formatting from that one row)

This was happening in the previous version so I upgraded to the latest (5.9.1.8742), rebooted my machine, and still having the problem.

Bug report - Latest version 5.9.1.8742Windows  - trying to edit an existing table irrepairably breaks the table.   

You can undo the edit to fix the table as long as  you never leave the note.   If you switch notes to see if it is just a display problem the undo history is lost and you are hosed.

Looking for how to install an older version of evernote.

I've now got a table that is broken in two that I can't repair.  Anyone have any ideas for ways to fix it?   if I could get at the HTML it would be easy.

Also, I can't go back to a previous version of the note, because I'm not a paid user.    My incentive for becoming a paid user keeps diminishing because the whole evernote user experience just keeps getting worse.  Bugs in basic editing remain for very long periods of time while I get barraged by pop-up ads for features that aren't useful to me.  I need to look for a basic alternative that just focuses on note taking with a decent editor for bulleted lists and occasional tables.  Will try Google Keep.

• Level 5*

I've now got a table that is broken in two that I can't repair.  Anyone have any ideas for ways to fix it?   if I could get at the HTML it would be easy.

Also, I can't go back to a previous version of the note, because I'm not a paid user.    My incentive for becoming a paid user keeps diminishing because the whole evernote user experience just keeps getting worse.  Bugs in basic editing remain for very long periods of time while I get barraged by pop-up ads for features that aren't useful to me.  I need to look for a basic alternative that just focuses on note taking with a decent editor for bulleted lists and occasional tables.  Will try Google Keep.

You can use http://enml-editor.ping13.net/as an editor.  All you need is the note link for the note in question.  Be sure to sync before and after you make any changes.  Use at your own risk, a direct function of your coding skills.

or you can export the note to enex, edit it, and import it.  In enex format, the body of the note is html so you can edit the table as html.

1. open the note
  2. File > Export
  3. choose enex format
  4. edit the html table in the exported file
  5. Import the edited file using File > Import from the main EN screen

How can I get a blank line between a table and an image?  I used to could insert the image and if I needed a line before or after, just put my cursor to the right or left of the image and hit return. But now I can't seem to do that any more. Also, previously tables were surrounding by a thing black line. Now the line is a very pale gray.  How do I get back to what we had before?

or you can export the note to enex, edit it, and import it.  In enex format, the body of the note is html so you can edit the table as html.

1. open the note
  2. File > Export
  3. choose enex format
  4. edit the html table in the exported file
  5. Import the edited file using File > Import from the main EN screen

Thank you.  That worked.

Reporting the same problem as sherpacurt and rct.  Backspace or Delete keys split the table like the sinking of the Titanic.  Not nice when it's my table for bill payments.  Will try sherpacurt's workaround. Edit: That worked.  It's a good thing I have experience with HTML....

• 2 weeks later...

Why work around? Maybe workaround can be done as a temporary fix.

EVERNOTE should fix this problem. Are they even AWARE of this problem?

This is such a BASIC editing feature. Why should it need some fancy work around? Evernote users need a usable table that can be edited. Period. No discussions needed.

Archived