Evernote for Mac 6.1.1 Released

SoftwareMarcus

Idea

Today we're releasing Evernote for Mac 6.1.1.  This is a small bug fix release that fixes a few issues.

1) Fixes one of the top crashing issues that occurs when using Evernote on El Capitan, Apple's next major operating system, and quitting while in full screen view.

2) Fixes an issue where shared notebooks could get in a state on first set up where no notes would appear.

We didn't make any changes to the note editor or any other major features.  

You can download the release from here.

Let me know if you see any new issues.

21 replies to this idea

Today we're releasing Evernote for Mac 6.1.1.  This is a small bug fix release that fixes a few issues.

1) Fixes one of the top crashing issues that occurs when using Evernote on El Capitan, Apple's next major operating system, and quitting while in full screen view.

2) Fixes an issue where shared notebooks could get in a state on first set up where no notes would appear.

We didn't make any changes to the note editor or any other major features.  

You can download the release from here.

Let me know if you see any new issues.

Hi, issue 1) is still present on (stable) released OS X 10.11. It happens 10 out 10 times I quit the app or close the latest window in full screen mode.

Some more info to help you: I've updated OS X from 10.10.5 and Evernote 6.1.1 was already installed before the update.

Waiting for a fix, thank you!

I just updated to V. 6.1.1 - Visually, everything has changed.  I am very visual, and my stacks, which used to be square, are now long and horizontal and expand into a list.  Is there any way I can change this?  (Please?!)  I understand if you need to change bugs and improve operations, but why do you have to change the layout and how it looks so often?  I am always reluctant to update for this reason, and consistently sorry, when I do.

Evernote still hung after updating to version 6.1.1 

After I launch Evernote from my MAC. It will stuck at the rainbow wheel. I cannot do anything but to force quit.

I have tried deleting the apps and reinstalling it.

Any help/advise will be much appreciated.

I can't use Evernote apps now! 

Hello everyone, 

I am new to this but have been using evernote for a few months now and now it has become a major part of my personal and work life. 

I just want to report a bug that I would have thought would be obvious and would have been fixed by now.. but apparently has not been address. 

When I use the evernote icon to on the menu bar to "clip" rectangle or window, it disables my dock (when it is set to automatically hide). Then I need to use terminal to "restart" dock. I am not sure if this occurs every time after the first event but definitely the first time around when I use it.

I have tried it on two different MacBooks (both running yosemite) and this happens pretty much every time. 

I hope you guys address it soon enough. 

Thank you 

V. Gupta

Just noticed that spotlight no longer finds the Evernote app - then found that this 6.1.1 update was installed today. This should be fixed quickly - spotlight is the only way i open apps because its so incredibly efficient. Please help.

I doubt we changed anything in 6.1.1 to affect that.  Spotlight is a Mac OS thing.  It's possible spotlight may be in a bad state on your Mac and updated apps aren't getting added to the list.  Have you tried rebooting your system?  Is anyone else seeing this?  I can find Evernote via spotlight.

Just noticed that spotlight no longer finds the Evernote app - then found that this 6.1.1 update was installed today. This should be fixed quickly - spotlight is the only way i open apps because its so incredibly efficient. Please help.

Hello!

I am new to this community thing. I have been having trouble downloading and updating Updates since 6.0.13.

Everytime I try to update. The software downloads and then I get the attached error message.

I am retired so I don't use Evernote for anything other than personal use.

Any ideas as to what is going wrong?

I have attached my MacBook's details. I am up to date on all software.

Everything else seems to be working with Evernote.

gsuloo - It might not help your upgrade issue directly. But have you tried to uninstall the application and re-install? KB article at https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/24422932

As long as all your notes have been synced (you can find them by logging into Evernote on the Web), then you should be good with a reinstall.

Hello!

I am new to this community thing. I have been having trouble downloading and updating Updates since 6.0.13.

Everytime I try to update. The software downloads and then I get the attached error message.

I am retired so I don't use Evernote for anything other than personal use.

Any ideas as to what is going wrong?

I have attached my MacBook's details. I am up to date on all software.

Everything else seems to be working with Evernote.

Evernote error.tiff

MacBook.tiff

• Level 5*

BUG REPORT

From:  Can't copy and paste properly from Evernote to Word or Blog [and other apps]

I just experienced some crazy copy and paste issues with Pages that couldn't be resolved with the "simplify formatting" OR "make plain text" functions. Basically, sentences and words were randomly breaking to the next line. Deleting them and writing them manually in the document, oddly, only replicated the issue. The issue also carried over when I tried creating a new document and pasting there.

. . .

Evernote, please fix this!!! I'm using Evernote to write a cookbook and thought for a minute that I'd have to re-type all of my recipes, which would inevitably introduce more typos. 

I've had the same problem since the summer. The text appears fine within Evernote but I cannot copy it and paste it anywhere without it randomly breaking words and incorrectly wrapping lines. 

I'm on 6.1.1 on a mac, El Capitan GM beta. 

Hi SoftwareMarcus,

Thank you for the information. That is indeed what happened. Turns out there is one note shared with me that I didn't realize. Like I said it felt like they were all there but I wanted to be sure before editing a bunch of stuff and making matters worse. 

These numbers can be different.  Do you have any notes that have been shared with you via Work Chat?  If you do these notes don't appear in the note list but will get counted in the sidebar number.  Hover your mouse over Notes on the sidebar and you'll see a break down of how we calculated that number.

Hi, I just updated to 6.1.1. from 6.1 direct download versions. I use manual sync, never automatic and I have some local only notebooks. I am on a 17 inch MBP early 2009, with Yosemite OS X 10.10.5.

I had 1872 notes before the update. I did a sync and a local backup (.enex) by clicking "Notes" in the left pane, then cmd+a to select all the notes. The progress bar showed 1872 as the total.

After the update when EN restarted the right pane said I had 1855 notes. It turns out that on restart it didn't reselect all of them. When I do select all the Right pane still shows 1872 but the left pane only shows 1871.

Have I lost 1 note or is this just a bug in EN and all my notes are really there? Can I find out which one if any was lost specifically?

I did another backup (.enex) and it seems the file is only 2 bytes smaller than the backup from before the update.

The only note I was woking on recently is still in there with the changes so I kinda feel that they are all actually there but I don't wanna loose any if not so I'm checking to see if you know of a miscount bug or if anyone else has experienced this.

post-186056-0-84921400-1442808744_thumb.

post-186056-0-96648000-1442809818_thumb.

Installing the update from within the app (6.0.13)constantly starts the download but then fails due to "an error occured while downloading... please try later"

Using your link here worked fine. Thanks

Lion

We're still trying to track down why that error message appears.  Thanks for reporting it here in the forum and letting us know downloading a new version worked.

Archived