Scannable 2.0 with Whiteboard Scanning, Improved Sharing, Stability Improvements...

PeeJayTee

Idea

Hello everyone, 

We've been working hard on Scannable, and we've just released a new version to the app store.

There are a lot of improvements in this version indcluding:

Whiteboard Scanning
  • Just point your phone at a whiteboard and Scannable will capture it automatically
  • Whiteboard scans will have brighter whites, smooth strokes and rich colors
Moving Paper Forward
  • Sharing and saving is simpler and more clear
  • Improved “Always Save to Evernote” experience, especially when emailing scans
  • Improved sharing to Dropbox and Google Drive
Performance and Quality
  • Lower memory use for improved stability — especially on iPhone 6+
  • Faster saving to the camera roll

As always, feedback and questions are welcome!

P.J. on behalf of the Scannable Team

6 replies to this idea

Hi

I love scannable and use it all the time.

Just updated to ios 9 and the latest scannable.

You list "Improved sharing to Dropbox and Google Drive", but it seems we lost the ability to save multi-page pdf scans to dropbox???

That doesn't seem like an "improvement"

Is that a bug, or was the feature removed intentionally?

Thanks.

Love Scannable so much that I went Premium on Evernote. But the new version lost the feature that delete/remove the scans automatically after securely saved to Evernote. This made the next scan session smoother. I scanned (statements, receipts, etc.), renamed and saved them in different notes in different Scannable sessions, and I didn't have to delete (or deselect) the previous scan session before saving the next session. In the new version, after a scan/save, I have to manually delete the saved scans BEFORE starting the next session of "scan-to-Evernote".

I read from a forum that someone might not like the save-then-auto-delete in previous version. May I suggest adding an option in Scannable Settings to have scans deleted after saving, so to restore the previous feature.

Hope this is not too hard to implement in the next version.

Hi,

I use scannable a LOT to capture whiteboards.

I have to say, since the recent update with official whiteboard support, the quality of whiteboard scans has decreased. Maybe it's a personal thing, but I find the whole water-colour-like strokes and colours distracting, and they make the text too thick and consequently for small writing very, very hard to read - especially later on a monitor. 

If there is a way to switch off this new 'whiteboard' mode and have whiteboards scanned like normal documents, as it worked in the past, that would be great.

You list "Improved sharing to Dropbox and Google Drive", but it seems we lost the ability to save multi-page pdf scans to dropbox???

That doesn't seem like an "improvement"

Is that a bug, or was the feature removed intentionally?

Sorry for the confusion, Carlos.  No, the "improvement" was not removal of the feature, although there are some features where that would be the case ;)

If it's not clear, we divided the share screen into two simpler screens we're calling "Save" and "Send".  In order to save to Dropbox or Google Drive, you need to press "Send" and then "Share" and that will show a system share sheet with a few options.  I would recommend using "Open In.." or "Export..."  depending on your UI prefrence - both work for both apps.

For what it's worth, the improvements we made were to the output - if you have "images" selected as your filetype, we used to make you save the scans one at a time.  This was irritating to say the least.  Now we save a zip file with all of the images.

I hope this helps!

P.J.

Love Scannable so much that I went Premium on Evernote. But the new version lost the feature that delete/remove the scans automatically after securely saved to Evernote. This made the next scan session smoother. I scanned (statements, receipts, etc.), renamed and saved them in different notes in different Scannable sessions, and I didn't have to delete (or deselect) the previous scan session before saving the next session. In the new version, after a scan/save, I have to manually delete the saved scans BEFORE starting the next session of "scan-to-Evernote".

Sorry you're having troubles - this should not have changed between versions... just make sure you're pressing the "Done" button after you save a scan.

I have to say, since the recent update with official whiteboard support, the quality of whiteboard scans has decreased. Maybe it's a personal thing, but I find the whole water-colour-like strokes and colours distracting, and they make the text too thick and consequently for small writing very, very hard to read - especially later on a monitor. 

If there is a way to switch off this new 'whiteboard' mode and have whiteboards scanned like normal documents, as it worked in the past, that would be great.

Hi Will - unfortunately, there's not a way to disable the new whiteboard mode, but I'd love to see some examples of images that are hard to read - feel free to DM me if you have time.

Archived