Change name account

Hi all,

I would like to change my account name. Is it possible? If yes, how?

If it is not possible, could I export all my notes from an account and import them to a new one? Obviously not one by one, but all together and fastly

Thank you in advance for your help!!

• Level 5*

hi. yes, it is possible, but you need to co tact customer service. as for another account, sure, but it would depend on how much data you have.

Hi all,

I would like to change my account name. Is it possible? If yes, how?

If it is not possible, could I export all my notes from an account and import them to a new one? Obviously not one by one, but all together and fastly

Thank you in advance for your help!!

• Level 5*

Hi.  All users can contact Twitter @Evernotehelps - include the forum thread URL for background.

I think this is a logical series of steps to change your account - if you're not confident,  the Twitter option is probably the better route...

1. You'll need to use a 2nd email address - create something random in webmail if necessary
  2. Backup your database in case things go wrong.  https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#/article/28607737
    • you can also import the backup ENEX files into a new account as an option.
    • create the new account,  then import your files.  You can't use your original account email address for the new account though - see below.

Otherwise: 

Account O is original,  N is new...

Account O: 

• Change email address to 2nd email account by logging in here (desktop) > https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action
  • Sync account,  File > Exit and log back in
  • Share all notebooks with your original email address with full edit permissions.
  • Sync account,  File > Exit

Account N:

• Set up new Evernote account N with preferred new user name,  add original email address and log in
  • Open sharing email and and join previous notebook.  Add original notebooks to new account.
  • Create 'mirror' notebook structure in new account and copy notes from shared notebooks to new
  • Sync and check via web browser to confirm all notes have transferred to web account
  • File > Exit

Account O:

Account N is now your new and only account...

Archived