Note content disappears

I suspect this is an "operator error". I've been using the free version of Evernote for over a year. I keep a daily diary in addition to working notes on projects and other standard EN notes. Recently, I have had more than one instance where I'm 95% certain that I edited a diary entry to add additional info, and then when I check back later, the edit is gone. 

I usually create the diary note on iPhone or iPad. I often edit it later using the Mac app. 

In the past, if I leave the note open on the mobile device, then edit on the Mac, then go back to mobile, I have gotten the "Conflicting Changes" notes. In the recent cases, I have no indication that there have been conflicting changes. I only get the original note, missing subsequent edits.

Does anybody have similar experience? Does anybody have suggestions about hygienic practices that will prevent me from tickling this kind of problem? 

-Denny

• Level 5*

Hi.  Always,  always,  always sync manually immediately before and after making any changes.  Editing on two devices you run the risk that one of them will automatically sync its older copy of the note before you sync the one you're working on.  Your note has an earlier time stamp than the more recently synced but actually older note - which is where you get conflicts and blanked out notes from.

When I got anything in Conflicting Changes I try to figure out why, how, and all that. Often it is some syncing problem.

Just for a second.

The notebook Conflicting notes are very important so I and many more can reconstruct our notes.

Archived