Evernote keeps syncing(downloading) forever

Hi,

I have been using EN-premium for quite some years now on my MAC, being happy, but recently I noticed that EN keeps syncing forever and ever at a speed of approx

400kBYTE/sec  and never stops.  

I have removed my database and app fully and started fm scratch. No change, it keeps doing it.

I am running OSX 10.10.5 and EN 6.1 (direct)

My iPAD and iPhone do not have this issue at all, hence I am suspecting an app or dbase issue on my mac...

Suggestions anyone?

Thnx

Frank

• Level 5*

Hi.  If the app isn't the issue you really need to talk to Support.  Basic users don't get email support,  but if you're Plus or Premium submit a request by choosing the appropriate option in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

All users can contact Twitter @Evernotehelps

In either case include the forum thread URL for extra background.

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

• Level 5*

Hi,

I have been using EN-premium for quite some years now on my MAC, being happy, but recently I noticed that EN keeps syncing forever and ever at a speed of approx

400kBYTE/sec  and never stops.  

I have removed my database and app fully and started fm scratch. No change, it keeps doing it.

I am running OSX 10.10.5 and EN 6.1 (direct)

This is definitely improper behavior.

Although you have uninstalled the app/database, you may not have removed all of the Evernote related files.

So you may want to use an app uninstaller, like AppDelete, to make sure all related files are removed.

Then do a clean install from the Evernote.com site.

If that does not resolve your issue, then you may want to submit a bug report:

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

• 1 year later...

HI,

Am having the same problem of the perpetual syncing, but only intermittently.... Go figure

And yes only MacOX, I don't think this is happening on Evernote through iOS system, although that's harder to see when something is or isn't syncing..

We should all fill out Bug Reports, if Evernot can fix this will be great..

Most of us ante up for Evernote not only for its great reach and utility, but because in theory IT SYNCS efficiently, all the time.

Hopefully their IT troubleshooters can fix this issue...

Let's all do Bug Reports

David

Archived